• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5

37/37 now off a high of 42F. Never really sniffed that forecast high of 52. Probably about 70% snow cover on the N side of Greenfield, less in town. Never doubt the resiliency of 3" of sleet.

1.55" today. Models nailed the qpf here, why can't that happen in snow storms? Lol.

57 high here. Warm sectored around 1:30. Barely a crusty patch here and there.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

57 high here. Warm sectored around 1:30. Barely a crusty patch here and there.

It's always interesting to watch the cold wedge into the upper Pioneer Valley while Northampton S to you usually torches.

You'll make up for it with a storm or two that has me, MPM and Lurker watching flurries, PF and co. sniffing cirrus, while you can measure.

3rd coldest playoff game temp wise. Defintley not meh.

I'm guessing no one cares about changing that Cincy windchill game outside of weather weenies.

"Drought" cancel

AWT

In this first week in January, the service hydrologist at the Taunton MA

forecast office received a message from a water resources member of the

State of Connecticut asking why Connecticut has been in drought

conditions for the past few years. It turns out that one of the primary

sources of precipitation reports being used comes from the tipping gauges

from the area airports’ ASOS

Thanks to your observations, we were able to identify an issue with the under-reporting of precipitation amounts by automated sensors in southern Connecticut which has been affecting the Drought Analysis produced by NOAA for some time now. We'll be working on resolving that issue over the next few weeks.

Random, but was reading about the 1899 blizzard and the incredible cold that came with it. Anyone know or hear of an estimate for how strong that high was? Hard to imagine Tallahassee going sub-zero. 

Edit: Nevermind. Found Kocin's paper on it.

http://www.lib.noaa.gov/collections/imgdocmaps/daily_weather_maps.html

AWT

In this first week in January, the service hydrologist at the Taunton MA

forecast office received a message from a water resources member of the

State of Connecticut asking why Connecticut has been in drought

conditions for the past few years. It turns out that one of the primary

sources of precipitation reports being used comes from the tipping gauges

from the area airports’ ASOS

Thanks to your observations, we were able to identify an issue with the under-reporting of precipitation amounts by automated sensors in southern Connecticut which has been affecting the Drought Analysis produced by NOAA for some time now. We'll be working on resolving that issue over the next few weeks.

LOL.  Let the faux-drought reign.  I mean rain.

37/37 now off a high of 42F. Never really sniffed that forecast high of 52. Probably about 70% snow cover on the N side of Greenfield, less in town. Never doubt the resiliency of 3" of sleet.

1.55" today. Models nailed the qpf here, why can't that happen in snow storms? Lol.

Nice.  Topped off at 49.8 higher up.

Nice shank by walsh

Disappointed, not so much from Vikings love but that Seattle escaped to bite again - got to kill that rattler once you've got the forked stick on its neck.

At the Lambeau ice bowl, Al DeRogatis (announcer/former NFL player) said the only comparable game he recalled was Packers-Giants for the NFL championship on Dec 30, 1962 in Yankee Stadium.  Temp was about 30° less cold than that -13 but 12/30-31/62 was also NYC's strongest Dec wind event on record, with gusts 50s or more (my guess is that some in NNJ touched 70) - lots of bare-limbed trees ripped out of frozen ground.   Backside NW winds from the blizzard that ate BGR.  Pack won 16-7 as Jerry Kramer tried 5 or 6 short field goals, hitting 3 with the others blown away.

Going to the gym now.  During the last several years, there would often be great model runs while I was on the elliptical.  Happened alot during the 10-11 and 14-15 season.  For example the models suddenly latched onto Boxing Day while I was gliding away getting my cardio.  Many times I am reading threads on my phone, the sweat pouring off of me, blinking to keep the screen clear, yelling "yes!"  "King Euro!" and people are looking at me.

The problem is, no new runs will come out as I will be on the ellipticl from 9:45-10:30.  What should I do?

Take a look at this picture from I-95 in Bridgeport after the 2013 blizzard. I love this. 

That's awesome. Like some old time pictures we see of past storms from 60's and 70's. This one will go down as one of those timeless pictures that weenies like us will marvel over 50 years from now when palm trees are growing in Maine

There honestly isnt one song of his I like. Even the song with Bing Crosby. He just gave me an odd feeling. Obviously he was very talented, just wasn't for me and you know I like pretty much anything except country.

Steely Dan is another all time worst group for me.

I really like David Bowie and The Beatles - but I can't stand Steely Dan. Growing up, many of my friends were huge Steely Dan fans and listening to it drove me crazy. 

Archived