• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

What is this sleetpack you describe.  I see nothing but lush green pastures.

There's actually still a decent amount of sleet, compared with what fell and how long ago it fell, that remains on the ground in view from my office in Waltham.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bouchard knows where to find the higher elevations

Ultimately, know this: length is more of showmanship, and true value lies in width.

It is no coincidence that you cannot spell circumference without, well, let us just say that girth is worth. Pound the walls, my friends. Pound the walls.

But I digress, as I am here to discuss the weather and share in science. Surely, each of you has made it rain before in his own, special way.

So let us focus on snow. Is it not January? Are there no prisons?! Are there no workhouses?!

Ultimately, know this: length is more of showmanship, and true value lies in width.

It is no coincidence that you cannot spell circumference without, well, let us just say that girth is worth. Pound the walls, my friends. Pound the walls.

But I digress, as I am here to discuss the weather and share in science. Surely, each of you has made it rain before in his own, special way.

So let us focus on snow. Is it not January? Are there no prisons?! Are there no workhouses?!

:lmao:

The girth will get them every time

Is that caused by turbulence related to warmer ocean water relative to the air?

It's a speed shear thing. When two different layer of air have large differences in wind speed you can form these waves, and you can think of them almost exactly like ocean waves. When the crest outruns the base, it "breaks."

Working in some of the city archives today, stumbled upon some neat writing on the February 24th 1969 storm.

"On Monday, February 24, a second major snow storm hit Peabody and Massachusetts. This left some 32 inches of snow. On Sophie Road in West Peabody the drifts reached 51 1/2 inches before the street was opened... Many residents were marooned for 48 hours."

Working in some of the city archives today, stumbled upon some neat writing on the February 24th 1969 storm.

"On Monday, February 24, a second major snow storm hit Peabody and Massachusetts. This left some 32 inches of snow. On Sophie Road in West Peabody the drifts reached 51 1/2 inches before the street was opened... Many residents were marooned for 48 hours."

69 was a special year.

Oh my God you kill me. Seriously, when you're not lobbing lightning from up on high, do you write copy for Geico or something? Priceless.

Archived