amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Late December miracle early next week!?

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EURO a bit better in NNE, looks like here to Dryslot increased a couple inches from 00z, but it's mostly noise. Looks very little change in SNE.

The H7 warm punch seemed to halt around BTV-CON and then rotates southeast. Looks like the mix would be close in NNE but may get deflected east before getting too far north.

He's being a typical weenie obsessing over the top end of the range while 48 hours out.

If it trends a little warmer then 5-6" won't happen but if it trends slightly colder then it will. I'd probably lean more 3-4 at the moment after seeing the euro hold steady. But an extra 90 minutes of heavy snow can make a huge difference in these setups. (See 12/16/07)

Yep. We'll see how the next 24 hrs go. I mean it could easily pull one of those 12/16/07 where the sleet is flying NE and then washes out near Attleboro or a place like that, if lift is intense. There are signs the lift is going to be good after 9z.

EURO a bit better in NNE, looks like here to Dryslot increased a couple inches from 00z, but it's mostly noise. Looks very little change in SNE.

The H7 warm punch seemed to halt around BTV-CON and then rotates southeast. Looks like the mix would be close in NNE but may get deflected east before getting too far north.

Yeah better run you dendrite thru here

He's being a typical weenie obsessing over the top end of the range while 48 hours out.

If it trends a little warmer then 5-6" won't happen but if it trends slightly colder then it will. I'd probably lean more 3-4 at the moment after seeing the euro hold steady. But an extra 90 minutes of heavy snow can make a huge difference in these setups. (See 12/16/07)

BINGO.

This seems like one of those mid Atlantic deals where it snows and by the next afternoon it's completely gone , with maybe a few piles scattered around. Actually i recall that happening often growing up in the 80's.

You're right on that score. You guys are calling it a swfe, but it looks like a warm front to me with a thump on the front end. We don't do well with those down here

You're right on that score. You guys are calling it a swfe, but it looks like a warm front to me with a thump on the front end. We don't do well with those down here

Ususlly we can retain some OTG, with cold behind it, but with that screaming cutter on its heels Wed nite/ Thurs this is in and out. But at least for the folks north of 1-90 it'll get them off the snide

That's essentially what a SWFE is.

This one is a lot warmer than the traditional SWFE. There have been plenty of SWFEs where the NYC suburbs got 5-6" with more further north...storms like 1/28/09, 3/19/13 etc. This one looks a good deal warmer.

I'm actually surprised on the warmth of this one given the 1040mb high to the north. But the lack of snow cover and exceptional warmth in the source regions is probably making that difference. You would think NYC would start in the mid 20s and interior New England in the mid teens, but not this time, unfortunately.

Archived