joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late December miracle early next week!?

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think this could easily trend colder. When's the last time we saw a 1004mb low slam into a 1044mb high? I definitely expect a lot of CAD at surface and quite possibly colder 850s ahead of the storm...that high has -30C @850mb in Labrador, -20C in Maine...we should be a bit colder than the -1/-2 that's been depicted.

0z GFS also looked a bit colder and further south. Confluence tries to force a redeveloper, and 100 miles south in that confluence could turn this into a NYC (or DXR) north storm rather than BOS north as currently modeled...

The issue is how far west the parent low and associated mid levels lows are, That's about 90% of the issue.

Looks like Canadian cooled a bit too.

Yeah slightly. Still obscenely warm tho with that H7-H75 warm punch compared to other guidance even though 850 is frigid. I am not buying that though. I could buy 700 being warm if 850 wasn't so cold but otherwise we aren't see that big of an inversion that high up

Yeah slightly. Still obscenely warm tho with that H7-H75 warm punch compared to other guidance even though 850 is frigid. I am not buying that though. I could buy 700 being warm if 850 wasn't so cold but otherwise we aren't see that big of an inversion that high up

Yeah I've seen it go craZy with mid level warmth. The fact it correctly slightly sort of tells me that it may be a bit too warm. 

I still think this could easily trend colder. When's the last time we saw a 1004mb low slam into a 1044mb high? I definitely expect a lot of CAD at surface and quite possibly colder 850s ahead of the storm...that high has -30C @850mb in Labrador, -20C in Maine...we should be a bit colder than the -1/-2 that's been depicted.

0z GFS also looked a bit colder and further south. Confluence tries to force a redeveloper, and 100 miles south in that confluence could turn this into a NYC (or DXR) north storm rather than BOS north as currently modeled...

Not happening Socks.

This never was ever a NYC snow threat, some wishcasted it into one but it never was, is, or will be. This was a New England threat right off the bat. No blocking at all anywhere and a low going up into the Midwest does not equal snow in NYC, never has, never will

This never was ever a NYC snow threat, some wishcasted it into one but it never was, is, or will be. This was a New England threat right off the bat. No blocking at all anywhere and a low going up into the Midwest does not equal snow in NYC, never has, never will

Complete agreement.

He needs to stop hallucinating.

Ok, didn't notice.

It's 4", as opposed to 4.5" for me last run....but that is noise.

Well you've appropriately not latched onto any one model run.

I mean climo sleet almost always makes it to the Pike, and sometimes makes it as far north as the Lakes Region. Should be a nice thump before it though. GFS is about 50 knots of isentropic lift around that warm nose. Before those temps creep up to freezing in that region, it should rip.

Well you've appropriately not latched onto any one model run.

I mean climo sleet almost always makes it to the Pike, and sometimes makes it as far north as the Lakes Region. Should be a nice thump before it though. GFS is about 50 knots of isentropic lift around that warm nose. Before those temps creep up to freezing in that region, it should rip.

I started on Thursday expecting 2-5", 3-6" with a light to mod snowfall here, not much south of pike because it was climo for a SWFE, and lo and behold....

Box taints early in its NW zone.  In the p/c, it's giving me 2-4".

Monday Night
Snow and sleet. Moderate snow accumulation. Near steady temperature in the lower 20s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

Tuesday
Sleet...freezing rain and snow with rain likely. Additional light snow accumulation. Highs in the mid 30s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and freezing rain. Not as cool. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.  

Archived