• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late December miracle early next week!?

ineedsnow

Nam looks pretty solid for the pike region for high end advisory to low end warning. Caveats still as 48-54 is still not very trustworthy on that model.

I'm seeing a big warm layer around 750mb over almost all of SNE by hour 48 -- didn't look like anywhere near that much QPF by then but it could be a shallow layer that good rates can overcome. Haven't had a chance to look at soundings yet.

post-8652-0-24330300-1451227373_thumb.gi

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still think the lower end of snow amounts is the way to go. There is so much warming aloft.If you're expecting 3-6 then 2-4 more likely.. 2-4 then 1-2 more likely etc.. Warmth aloft always comes in faster than models

Depends. If it's a marginal layer and you have intense lift, it can get washed out.

Depends. If it's a marginal layer and you have intense lift, it can get washed out.

That's why I'm getting little to none and why I think south of ORH to Ct border only gets an inch or so. No matter what happens at least a little winter is finally happening..but you just get the feeling on this one those expecting big thumps near pike and higher amounts might be left a bit disappointed

http://www.weather.gov/images/aly/winter/MaxSnowWeb.png

ALY new winter potential maps, I like what they've done in the last couple years with their forecast maps and illustrations... Bottom line, potential for 5-6 max, or 2-3 min w/ .1-.25" of ice...I'll stick with my initial 3-6 then glaze for my area, then rain and warmth.. Looks like my birthday storm has lost luster for next week though

What do think about New Hartford / Torrington / Harwinton CT. Most of my plowing accounts are in this area and most of them i go out on 2-3 inches.

Archived