wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Late December miracle early next week!?

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a different set up with regards to strength of storm and duration of strongest snowfall rates....I believe road crews will have this well under control and have plenty of lead time...the pavement temps mixed with the pretreated brine thrown down will not allow the snow to bind to the roadway.....this is not a 6-12 inch event...advisory event with warm pavement temps

My experience with +SN on roads pre-treated with liquid salt is that it's an incredibly slippery slime-slide.  The snow may not bind to the pavement, but slushoplaning is even worse than hydroplaning.  Two hours after the heavy snow ends, the treatment effect makes the roads just wet, but for those driving when the wall hits, it's slowdown-and -watch-out time, whether on the interstate or any other road getting the brine.   

My experience with +SN on roads pre-treated with liquid salt is that it's an incredibly slippery slime-slide.  The snow may not bind to the pavement, but slushoplaning is even worse than hydroplaning.  Two hours after the heavy snow ends, the treatment effect makes the roads just wet, but for those driving when the wall hits, it's slowdown-and -watch-out time, whether on the interstate or any other road getting the brine.   

It is a sloppy slush mess when they pre treat, Sodium Chloride only melts to 20°F, Below that temp its useless

Archived