Newest Member
    amirah5
Late December miracle early next week!?

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish folks would get a grip.

GFS continues theme of liking a zone from my area points west to about Ayer for naked twisty time.

Everyone should just except whatever falls there way, 10 days ago, It looked like most would not see snow until sometime in Jan, But that's how these events go, They can come out of nowhere when not expected

Well at least the LR NAM is being it's usual absurd self(and really slow also -- precip is just breaking out at hour 84 when it's a pingfest for all). It should go without saying though that this has about as much meteorological skill though as the pixels that are displaying these images, that is, zero, so consider it entertainment and that's it. 

post-8652-0-34008900-1451097990_thumb.gi

post-8652-0-45090200-1451098083_thumb.gi

Well at least the LR NAM is being it's usual absurd self(and really slow also -- precip is just breaking out at hour 84 when it's a pingfest for all). It should go without saying though that this has about as much meteorological skill though as the pixels that are displaying these images, that is, zero, so consider it entertainment and that's it. 

Well, at least the NAM at hour 84 had the high centered over ME as opposed to the hour 90 GFS which had it to the east of ME.  Also, the NAM had the high pressing further south and stronger at 1044 mb vs the GFS 1036 mb.  Lastly, the 0° 850 line on the NAM went through central NJ to central PA and then north, while the GFS had it going through central CT and SW MA.  But the NAM is 9 hr slower bringing in the precip.

But I know, it is the NAM.

Not feeling too confident. I like warning snows berks n orh country and into NNE. Concerned about warming temps at or around 700mb as per euro. Obviously many start as snow but that just screams bad snow growth. Might hurt the WAA thump and lead to a good sleet smashing vs. snow. Colder low levels but somewhat toasty mid levels.

Archived