Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Late December miracle early next week!?

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro has that has a rainer pretty far north. I asked earlier, but mets didn't answer if that had a chance of trending colder

The 12Z NAM at 84 is similar to the 00Z Euro at 96 that right there tells me the Euro is probably dropping the ball on this system. I've felt for days that it's over amping and too slow ejecting this out of the southern plains given that trof that is crashing into the West Coast

The 12Z NAM at 84 is similar to the 00Z Euro at 96 that right there tells me the Euro is probably dropping the ball on this system. I've felt for days that it's over amping and too slow ejecting this out of the southern plains given that trof that is crashing into the West Coast

Yup...My thoughts, but better said.

Was surprised the Euro was so warm with that one as other guidance is colder. Might be more of an ice interior, cold rain coast deals..This is the NYE/NYD storm 

Bridge jumpers in GC unite.  The qpf nightmare begins.

Huh?  That map gives your area more than twice mine.  At least it's better than some of yesterday's maps, which had my place not even getting advisory snow - just a bit too mild for tomorrow night's event and 25-50 miles or so too far north for Tuesday's.  06z gfs had Tuesday's qpf over 0.5", which would be nice.  Of course, last Feb/Mar that model would show increasing qpf for several days, then last day before the storm would chop it by 1/2 to 2/3.  (Which, of course, would verify.)

Huh?  That map gives your area more than twice mine.  At least it's better than some of yesterday's maps, which had my place not even getting advisory snow - just a bit too mild for tomorrow night's event and 25-50 miles or so too far north for Tuesday's.  06z gfs had Tuesday's qpf over 0.5", which would be nice.  Of course, last Feb/Mar that model would show increasing qpf for several days, then last day before the storm would chop it by 1/2 to 2/3.  (Which, of course, would verify.)

Happy Holidays...your thought on southern ,NH? mix? or mostly snow.....ty

lol the most skeptical posters of snowstorms are in NNE and WNE, where climo snowfall is highest.  Always makes me chuckle but I'm right there with ya for the most part.  We expect it to snow in Mass, that's a given :lol:.  (sarcasm).

Huh? That map gives your area more than twice mine. At least it's better than some of yesterday's maps, which had my place not even getting advisory snow - just a bit too mild for tomorrow night's event and 25-50 miles or so too far north for Tuesday's. 06z gfs had Tuesday's qpf over 0.5", which would be nice. Of course, last Feb/Mar that model would show increasing qpf for several days, then last day before the storm would chop it by 1/2 to 2/3. (Which, of course, would verify.)

His avatar isn't Eeyore for nothing ;)

GGEM is substantially north of its 00z solution as well. So definitely a tick back the other direction thus far at 12z after a notable colder tick most of yesterday.

I'd advise that people continue to remember that since we have been tracking this since 7+ days out, we are still almost 4 days out right now which is an absolute eternity in model world for an event so dependent on timing such a this one.

Archived