wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Late December miracle early next week!?

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He gets screwed in Watertown more than most folks. That area of Western CT has not been a  good snow area

Thanks for recognizing the snowhole Kevin. Last year I only got about 55" lol. I'll likely be in Waterbury for this winter. And I agree that there is potential for something just after the New Year perhaps around the 4th.

Thanks for recognizing the snowhole Kevin. Last year I only got about 55" lol. I'll likely be in Waterbury for this winter. And I agree that there is potential for something just after the New Year perhaps around the 4th.

Watertown may have been a bit out of favor the last few years, but I remember being green with jealousy growing up on the Ct shoreline when they were ripping S+ and we were pouring rain. Happened all the time when I was a kid.

That area for whatever reason seems to smoke subsidence. I'll never forget your video on FB after that storm where east of river had 2-3 feet and you had 6 inches.. Lol you were ready to hit the garage and tailpipe

That area for whatever reason seems to smoke subsidence. I'll never forget your video on FB after that storm where east of river had 2-3 feet and you had 6 inches.. Lol you were ready to hit the garage and tailpipe

Yeah that was a colossal meltdown. I haven't even made a blog entry since that storm but I'm trying to get back into it. Been dealing with a lot of personal stuff but I'm hoping to put that behind me. We seem to be trapped in a bubble of 15-20 dbZ for every storm, particularly last winter. The heaviest echoes always seemed to fall a little southeast of where I used to live in Watertown. Anyway don't want to post anymore about this as it's way OT.

Yeah that was a colossal meltdown. I haven't even made a blog entry since that storm but I'm trying to get back into it. Been dealing with a lot of personal stuff but I'm hoping to put that behind me. We seem to be trapped in a bubble of 15-20 dbZ for every storm, particularly last winter. The heaviest echoes always seemed to fall a little southeast of where I used to live in Watertown. Anyway don't want to post anymore about this as it's way OT.

Last ? What storm was that?

one had to be a good deal east of the river for those numbers, i had well under a foot EAST OF THE RIVER!! Even I am not fishing today

EURO jackpots the pike region from BOS to ORH with 10"+.....I would expect that to shift into about south central VT/NH when all is said and done.

I expect about 3-6" here, followed by some sleet and rain inside of 495, ice outside.

Pretty routine SWFE.

I'm torn. I agree with you but part of me is thinking that high is pretty darn stout. Although current guidance is about as perfect a high as you can get, so not sure what the potential is for further suppression moving this south of the Pike. Some ensemble members have been showing a further south evolution the past 24 hours that would jackpot Rev and Ginxy.

I'm torn. I agree with you but part of me is thinking that high is pretty darn stout. Although current guidance is about as perfect a high as you can get, so not sure what the potential is for further suppression moving this south of the Pike. Some ensemble members have been showing a further south evolution the past 24 hours that would jackpot Rev and Ginxy.

While I agree this is going to over perform in the snow regard due to strength and position of high..swfe never, ever jackpot CT. I could see us getting 3-6..to sleet..then back to snow with ULL....I think the strength of that high argues for a southward trend and not north as we typically see with SWFE

Western CT just had some bad breaks last year. But, they usually do pretty well in winter storms. February 2013, Waterbury had 32" in the blizzard, January 7, 2011-12" from norlun trough, Nov. 2012 and December 2012, they had multiple 6"+ storms.

Southwest CT did great the last 2 years, with above 50 each year with almost 60 2 yrs ago. I guess northwest CT has been getting hard luck. Last 15 years were great with 10 an snowfall years.

Not a bad map, though. :lol:

Pretty much illustrates what I just laid out.

The reliability of SWFE for this area out to your neck of the woods is why I've grown to like them since we moved to NW MA. I don't like 5 day out forecasts but I can already envision a windless, 6-8" thump here followed by an hour or two of freezing drizzle or 33F mist.

Archived