joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late December miracle early next week!?

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but he said an earlier change over than usual in SWFE...I know what causes it, by why is it earlier than usual here in this case??

Sounds like a manifestation of some defense mechanism born of anxiety, to me lol

It looks like the precipitation will continue a fair amoubt after the changeover. That's not typically the case here as we tend to shut off before much in the way of taint.

That's how I'm reading it (never a good thing). Also at this time frame it'll undoubtedly look different over the coming days.

It looks like the precipitation will continue a fair amoubt after the changeover. That's not typically the case here as we tend to shut off before much in the way of taint.

That's how I'm reading it (never a good thing). Also at this time frame it'll undoubtedly look different over the coming days.

Oh, I thought you meant that the changeover would occur more quickly.

Little cold tuck after too.

Regardless of the mid-levels, it is starting to look like the typical CAD interior spots may not go above freezing. Still a bit early to be totally confident but you get the sense that even the more west solutions are going to squeeze a sfc reflection south of SNE.

Of course if this keeps trending more stout with the high, then we're talking more snow or everyone in SNE.

Regardless of the mid-levels, it is starting to look like the typical CAD interior spots may not go above freezing. Still a bit early to be totally confident but you get the sense that even the more west solutions are going to squeeze a sfc reflection south of SNE.

Of course if this keeps trending more stout with the high, then we're talking more snow or everyone in SNE.

I would agree. It's going to be hard to sniff 32 with such a cold antecedent airmass in late December. 

Models typically do this when you have a cold high to the north, The model runs get colder as we get closer into the event

I actually think the bigger driver of whether models have a colder solution or not is how fast that low ejects out. The confluence in Canada is also moving east, so you want those features to sort of come closer together. Not phase, but keep the confluence there a bit longer, but most especially...a faster ejection of the ULL in Texas.  It's quite evident when comparing the 6z run from 12z. 

I actually think the bigger driver of whether models have a colder solution or not is how fast that low ejects out. The confluence in Canada is also moving east, so you want those features to sort of come closer together. Not phase, but keep the confluence there a bit longer, but most especially...a faster ejection of the ULL in Texas.  It's quite evident when comparing the 6z run from 12z. 

In this case its true as your trying to time the SW with a retreating high to the north rather then building in and holding its ground, This looks like it will come down to timing of the SW ejecting out of the south, The slower solutions want to travel more to the west, But it does seem like we are starting to get more of a secondary development under SNE as well

Archived