amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Late December miracle early next week!?

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously?  Who the hell puts out a snowfall map 5 days in advance?  Good grief.  Bigger weenies than we are.

CXBKztVWwAEBAHk.png

This is like a classic gambling hedge. Put half your money on the storm, and half your money not. If the storm comes, you win, because snow. If it fails, you get to make fun of TWC for being an even bigger :weenie: than you.

Those wxbell snow maps are so weenieish. So much sleet gets counted as snow. :lol:

Yeah I don't look at it as a snow map... I look at it as a QPF map with temps below freezing at H85 and H95, haha.  It gives an idea of the extent of frozen precip, but yeah I wouldn't count on 11" in southern CT at this point.  But they could get 1" of QPF as frozen/freezing.

Not really, not sure about prior to 2013-2014, but we've had over 90" in the two winters I've been here, lot of nickel and dime event, and a few of 12+, but around the 84 corridor, yeah, snowhole.

Southwest CT did great the last 2 years, with above 50 each year with almost 60 2 yrs ago. I guess northwest CT has been getting hard luck. Last 15 years were great with 10 an snowfall years.

Archived