• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

I didn't get my first warning-criteria snowfall until February last year (save for the pre-Thanksgiving storm, but events that early are crapshoots). We could spend the next few weeks spinning our wheels and the season still wouldn't necessarily be a lost cause.

Agree

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting with April 1 we have had just 58 below normal days or 58/280 or 21% of the time. With current outlook for the next 16 days not looking that great at all, we are threatening to go 61/296 or still 21%, hardly a pattern change in my opinion.

Main players are rearranging themselves, changing intensities and such but still conspiring to make it above normal here. Natural jet stream wavelength changes in conjunction with above might cause an accident to occur before the winter possibilities come to an end, say April 10, and give us a cold-snowy week along the line.

Relative to normal, only the first week of June and some of October meet this requirement.

Would be delighted if this could happen.

Signed Still Waiting.

So starting today, 3 below normal days out of the next 16? Are you basing this off the gfs or a crystal ball? Just wondering since it's not backed up by a link or anything.

I didn't get my first warning-criteria snowfall until February last year (save for the pre-Thanksgiving storm, but events that early are crapshoots). We could spend the next few weeks spinning our wheels and the season still wouldn't necessarily be a lost cause.

agree.  If we're still sitting waiting come 2/10 then it's time to toss in the towel

He forgot to post the link on the copy/paste. Big deal.

He also changed the wording just slightly.

Pro tip:  If you are going to copy from a tweet, just paste the entire tweet into your post (the links will be copied along with it).  To my knowledge they are not copyright-protected and are therefore not subject to any Fair Use Policy.

Archived