• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

**strong obviously. You are just upset because it's the truth. If it was talking about cold you'd beg for more.

Truth and 15 days out don't go well together in meteorology. We're lucky enough if these computers can model a storm correctly 5 days out.

We are long gone from the pattern that was December. That is truth. Now let's see how the next 10 days work out before we start claiming "truth" on anything later this month or in Feb. Relax. The torch is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol of course we are in a different pattern. .its not going to stay +12 all winter and yes we will get snow chances as we always do but this trumpeting of this glorious pattern of cold and snow seems to be overdone

there was alot of chest thumping by certain folks the last few days....now they might have their tail b/w their legs...shows you how humbling this business can be and how quickly things can change either way.

there was alot of chest thumping by certain folks the last few days....now they might have their tail b/w their legs...shows you how humbling this business can be and how quickly things can change either way.

Yea, some people are posting with dramatically less frequency today...

**strong obviously. You are just upset because it's the truth. If it was talking about cold you'd beg for more.

Not me sir. I'm cool calm, and collective. The cold is coming, and the models are having issues with the long range. Let's see how it all pans out.

Yea, some people are posting with dramatically less frequency today...

Maybe because my forecast for the 20 days is complete .

Jan  1- 6  BN followed by a 3 day  transient warm up  then the 10 -18 are BN 

Pattern relaxes around the 20th . ( I wrote that a week ago ) .

Go back and find it . It is both in the banter and Jan thread . 

What more should I ADD to that forecast .   You will know what I think about FEB shortly . But all of that since late DEC looks good .

Lol perfect.

People better hope our December pattern doesn't arrive this summer.

The less we head to a La Nina the better the chance the summer is not as hot.  I'm not a big believer right now this is going to flip like the 97-98 and 09-10 El Ninos did..it would not surprise me if next winter is in that 0.5 - -0.5 range..I'm not seeing the big La Nina.

Maybe because my forecast for the 20 days is complete .

Jan 1- 6 BN followed by a 3 day transient warm up then the 10 -18 are BN

Pattern relaxes around the 20th . ( I wrote that a week ago ) .

Go back and find it . It is both in the banter and Jan thread .

What more should I ADD to that forecast . You will know what I think about FEB shortly . But all of that since late DEC looks good .

Hey question.. Are you the former poster known as OpenGeo?

Sure cold is coming..its winter but if you visions of extended winter with a month plus of snow on the ground you are mistaken

Who said this? I think it was very well communicated on here that something like last winter would be hard to duplicate! The snow cover and cold was historic...strong el ninos are usually mild...but can be active with the stj

Archived