joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He also predicted an epic severe storm season and busted horribly, as it was the least active storm season in decades. He even admitted that he completely tanked his forecast.

Lesson? No met is infallible, and certainly not Wolf or PB.

I shouldn't even be mentioned with PB and Earthlight lol. I am a complete amateur at this stuff.

Haha no, definitely not. I'm just saying that just because the great mighty Earthlight says something, doesn't mean it will happen. John is a great met, but he's been wrong many times, as has everyone. 

Alot of weenies on this board, which is not surprising. Let the pattern play out. No need to freak out if we go snowless, it happens.

Well in fairness if we go COMPLETELY snowless (virtually impossible), that would be probably a top 5 weather event (in terms of statistical anomaly) in NYC history.

RED MEAT

We will break after the 19th . By Day 15 the ridge returns to the EAST of HB .

We opined that we  will break by the 20th and the EPS agrees . 

So after we are cold between the 11-18 the next fight will be how long do we break .

And if we don`t snow people will say it was no big deal . 

I think we break for 10 days so lets just go into our corners now - it stays over or it comes back .

Euro weeklies at 6 . Can`t wait for the uproar . 

Don`t say I don`t see warm . 

RED MEAT

We will break after the 19th . By Day 15 the ridge returns to the EAST of HB .

We opined that we  will break by the 20th and the EPS agrees . 

So after we are cold between the 11-18 the next fight will be how long do we break .

And if we don`t snow people will say it was no big deal

I think we break for 10 days so lets just go into our corners now - it stays over or it comes back .

Euro weeklies at 6 . Can`t wait for the uproar . 

Don`t say I don`t see warm . 

Of course no one will care.  It's all about the snow.  No one is going to remember  -4 at climo's coldest point of the year with no snow...are we torching when this breaks or going to normal or a few above? as someone else said, this early cold is bonus anyway

Of course no one will care. It's all about the snow. No one is going to remember -4 at climo's coldest point of the year with no snow...are we torching when this breaks or going to normal or a few above? as someone else said, this early cold is bonus anyway

Torch as in what happened in December? Nope. But the +EPO floodgates open up and we go solidly above normal for January with Pacific maritime air flooding Canada and the CONUS

On top of that bad news tidbit from PB if it ends up snowing in the Carolina's before up here I am not going to be very pleasant to be around

I would have too a few years ago...I've learned not to get too upset about this stuff...if we have a 10 day stretch of cold with warmup rain storms in between and then a torch that goes on about 2 weeks longer than the spin around here, so be it.  Can't do anything about it except watch the meltdowns and damage control for those who predicted cold and snow for the next 2 months. We are mere spectators to mother nature

Archived