amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said we agreed on the 1st 10 days in the end. We just got to the same place using different language. I didn't touch 1st 10 day avg.

I broke the days out first 6 then next 3. I think those 2 calls work Then the real cold. I had always argued the change on the 1st was a complete change at 500 .

I only had an issue was with the backend. That's where we disagreed.

But see, even this isn't true.  You were not a fan of anything greater than +2 for the Jan 7-12 timeframe and daytime highs in the upper 30's.  I can go back and quote it if you want.  If I'm taking the L on mid-month (which I again maintain is timing related moreso than anything) then you need to take the L of on the first 10-12 days.  You had "normal-ish" (your words, not mine), that is not going to be the case here for the most part.  Let's be fair.

As far as the rest of Jan goes, this is a major TBD.  I'm not declaring a loss on the total month quite yet, especially given that look at the ens late.  But again, that's a battle for another day.

here comes the snow army

No. In fact I've largely written off January now for appreciable snow. I can admit I jumped the gun on the SSW which I still think is coming, just late month, and the pattern now is messy at h5. It's the army of warm posters who cause the trouble here. I don't even know where this type of poster came from? Who the F like warm weather in NYC enough to drone on and on about it all Winter? It started 2-3 winters ago and The whole thing is very odd. You? Well, you've always been you and you know what you're all about.

No. In fact I've largely written off January now for appreciable snow. I can admit I jumped the gun on the SSW which I still think is coming, just late month, and the pattern now is messy at h5. It's the army of warm posters who cause the trouble here. I don't even know where this type of poster came from? Who the F like warm weather in NYC enough to drone on and on about it all Winter? It started 2-3 winters ago and The whole thing is very odd. You? Well, you've always been you and you know what you're all about.

Ehh I wouldn't write off January just yet. A lot of energy moving around after the 1st cutter. I would still watch the Jan 11-12 storm right now but everything is pointing to a coastal hugger at this point. I think once that storm leaves, the area has a better chance of seeing snow since it will drag down really cold air .

what people like is a matter of personal preference.  I enjoy cold and snow, but hell if it ain't going to snow, give me what we had in December.  What irks me is the folks with an agenda who will never point out anything that looks cold or doesn't support their agenda.

But see, even this isn't true.  You were not a fan of anything greater than +2 for the Jan 7-12 timeframe and daytime highs in the upper 30's.  I can go back and quote it if you want.  If I'm taking the L on mid-month (which I again maintain is timing related moreso than anything) then you need to take the L of on the first 10-12 days.  You had "normal-ish" (your words, not mine), that is not going to be the case here for the most part.  Let's be fair.

As far as the rest of Jan goes, this is a major TBD.  I'm not declaring a loss on the total month quite yet, especially given that look at the ens late.  But again, that's a battle for another day.

The 1st 6 days will be BN the next 3 AN JAN  10-11-12 are BN .

So if it turns out days 1- 12 are A , i will always take the loss .

I  am BN from day 9 - 16 , so Jan 12 - 20 I am BN , where do you stand ?

what people like is a matter of personal preference. I enjoy cold and snow, but hell if it ain't going to snow, give me what we had in December. What irks me is the folks with an agenda who will never point out anything that looks cold or doesn't support their agenda.

But we're also looking at 9 or 10 out of the first 12 days of Jan being above normal. Yes it's a step down pattern change and I recognize that but many are saying the warm is transient when it looks more like the cold is what is transient

But we're also looking at 9 or 10 out of the first 12 days of Jan being above normal. Yes it's a step down pattern change and I recognize that but many are saying the warm is transient when it looks more like the cold is what is transient

The pattern has def changed from December. After the 11-12, cold air should be dominant for a while with a brief warmup in between.

Obviously we don't need a SSW for a good winter example last year but getting it this late in the game might just make for a cruddy spring...to be fair the models didn't look great for snow chances last night. The first two are to warm and then after the 11th the Pv is just crushing everything...I was really expecting to have at least a oppturtinity during this window

Obviously we don't need a SSW for a good winter example last year but getting it this late in the game might just make for a cruddy spring...to be fair the models didn't look great for snow chances last night. The first two are to warm and then after the 11th the Pv is just crushing everything...I was really expecting to have at least a oppturtinity during this window

the models giveth, the models taketh.   Wait 2-3 days and it will be different yet again.   Last year our first storm was 1/23-24....plenty of time.  The sensible weather of this winter reminds me alot of last year-warm/wet Dec, cold Jan but warmups and rain then back to cold etc.

the models giveth, the models taketh. Wait 2-3 days and it will be different yet again. Last year our first storm was 1/23-24....plenty of time. The sensible weather of this winter reminds me alot of last year-warm/wet Dec, cold Jan but warmups and rain then back to cold etc.

Agree....just throwing it out there on what the over night models looked like. Our best chance is next week, probably the best pattern we had so far.

Yep. Verbatim the GOA is coming back to Alaska by week 4 and roll it forward we will prob get mild after the pna ridge breaks down...looks like the weeklies.

I see a 2 week period of winter weather from January 15-January 31st and then a well above average February with little snow.

Archived