• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

We'll get our snow. I don't mind waiting a little while longer for it. You see what happened last year. The wait will be worth it

This is not last year unfortunately. And a seemingly favorable pattern doesn't always deliver.

Getting the cold in here is great progress but snow is another story. It'll be interesting to look back on these threads a month or so from now and see where we stood.

I personally don't care about a lot of cold and a BN Jan and Feb temp wise (thanks to last Feb) as long as there's some snow in the mix. I'll take a Feb 2006.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of mild days to come so enjoy it everyone. Today will be nearly 50F and we'll see several days of that later this week and into the weekend.

I was actually BN this month hoping the 2nd half of January delivers but that might be a stretch. We'll see.

Where??  High of 38 here down to 37 now

It sucks being a mets and jets fan

We just went to the world series, and will have the best starting rotation in baseball for at least the next few years. It no longer sucks to be a Mets fan. 

I'm excited about the possibilities after January 10th. Looks like a great pattern. Hopefully it'll deliver. 

Probably gonna miss on timing here which is frustrating when the MJO playbook looks pretty good overall.  MJO can be a tricky beast when it comes to that.   Liked the idea of the quick cold shot right after the new year, flip back warm, but thought this flip back cooler would happen a bit closer to mid-month rather than around the 12th, 13th.

Subsequently, the Euro Ens is much milder at the end as it heads towards a ENSO filtered phase 1.  Still looks like MJO in charge...

We just went to the world series, and will have the best starting rotation in baseball for at least the next few years. It no longer sucks to be a Mets fan. 

I'm excited about the possibilities after January 10th. Looks like a great pattern. Hopefully it'll deliver. 

Until the Wilpons sell that team it will always suck to be a Mets fan lol

The Saturday "threat" is of course completely different on the 12z GFS. Expected. Way too early.

What specifically is different about it? When I looked at the 12z GFS, it looked to me like the low had actually shifted a few miles to the east which would make for it being a slightly colder solution, wouldn't it?

Archived