joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not cold at all today..then just two days of cold before we warm to near 50 again..from reading these boards you would think its was going to be really wintry

Who said the next two days will be wintry? Its sure going to feel like winter with temps below 32 both days

Not cold at all today..then just two days of cold before we warm to near 50 again..from reading these boards you would think its was going to be really wintry

I like warmth as much if not more than you do but I don't get that impression from reading these boards. Although the only heat I see is in the debate raging the last two pages or so. Lovely start to the New Years. Just happy to see the sun again.

The upcoming pattern is clearly what you want to see if you like snow. We've seen this before.....no winter in sight followed by a great pattern showing up on model runs; the models then show a big hit only to pull back on that idea and chaos ensues.....a few runs later, the storms are back in sight with one suddenly showing up in the 5-day forecast. Anyone promising a massive snowstorm for our area is ahead of themselves at this point, however, anyone downplaying the pattern change is obviously missing something here. Even seasonal to just below average temperatures in the month of January are enough to give us significant snowstorms. Much below average temperatures in many cases result in drier conditions. Come March, though I doubt this will be our snowiest winter ever, I don't think it will be remembered as having a lack of cold and snow. At this point, we've all really had a snowless winter thus far, but the pattern moving forward looks great for our area

I like warmth as much if not more than you do but I don't get that impression from reading these boards. Although the only heat I see is in the debate raging the last two pages or so. Lovely start to the New Years. Just happy to see the sun again.

The only thing I would have got from this board by reading his posts was that he was expecting upper 30's Monday and Tuesday

The upcoming pattern is clearly what you want to see if you like snow. We've seen this before.....no winter in sight followed by a great pattern showing up on model runs; the models then show a big hit only to pull back on that idea and chaos ensues.....a few runs later, the storms are back in sight with one suddenly showing up in the 5-day forecast. Anyone promising a massive snowstorm for our area is ahead of themselves at this point, however, anyone downplaying the pattern change is obviously missing something here. Even seasonal to just below average temperatures in the month of January are enough to give us significant snowstorms. Much below average temperatures in many cases result in drier conditions. Come March, though I doubt this will be our snowiest winter ever, I don't think it will be remembered as having a lack of cold and snow. At this point, we've all really had a snowless winter thus far, but the pattern moving forward looks great for our area

This. Everyone needs to relax. And mods, why is CIK allowed to post incoherent, and often times inaccurate, "data" and opinion with no backing in the January thread? BxEngine, I know u know it doesn't belong because you call him out on it every single time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Euro now shows a cutter for storm 2 lol. These op models are hilarious.

DT says the experimental, or "parallel," hi-res euro (which will become the regular euro in March 8) has been superior to the old euro. Anyone have access to it and what does it show today?

The only thing I would have got from this board by reading his posts was that he was expecting upper 30's Monday and Tuesday

I read the arrogant one drone on and on like its going to feel like winter....and its going to be in the upper 40s by next weekend...not to mention today...2 days of cold...wow its January..do you want a party for that

I read the arrogant one drone on and on like its going to feel like winter....and its going to be in the upper 40s by next weekend...not to mention today...2 days of cold...wow its January..do you want a party for that

It's a weather board people will talk weather...just like we talked torch last month. I suggest if you don't want to talk about cold snaps and storms you take a rest from posting for a few months

DT says the experimental, or "parallel," hi-res euro (which will become the regular euro in March 8) has been superior to the old euro. Anyone have access to it and what does it show today?

I only saw the 0z parallel. Zero snow through day 10 for the entire subforum.

There's a very good possibility both of those storms end up being too warm.

The pattern is still evolving during those systems arrival and it might take a third event that finally delivers frozen precip.

I've been telling people for awhile.  I was not excited really til at least 1/10 and maybe 1/15.  The 2nd event has a chance for sure but its still too far out yet.  I tend to favor something right up the coast right now.

IMO, we're in a transitional pattern that will feature some cold shots and some moderation until near mid-month +/- a few days when I suspect a more sustained cold pattern sets in. Any chance of snow before that time would probably be a bonus. Should the AO-/PNA+ hold, opportunities for snowfall will exist. So, at least at this point in time, the swings in the operational guidance don't worry me too much.

It would be impossible to quantify this stupidity.

The 1st 6 days are BN then 3 days of above N ( which was seen 7 days ago ) then we are below for 10 days . After a record setting December, the entire field at 500 flipped it's post worthy on a weather board.

It's not my opinion it's derived from guidance

On the other hand , you do no research here , offer no meteorology and troll because central park is sitting 1 or 2 degrees above where the Euro predicted it would be today.

I don't come here not expecting to find geniuses howver you bring my fears of finding ignorance to a whole new level.

The warm lovers here are the worst. You had months upon months of above normal temps. You guys had your turn. Enjoy the cold it's winter. I for one am happy that its cold. Now all we need is the snow

They are just as stubborn as people who go under the speed limit in the left lane and do not move. They think they're right, they know they're right, so they aren't going to deviate from their course of motion....regardless of the law (the laws of physics in this case)

The warm lovers here are the worst. You had months upon months of above normal temps. You guys had your turn. Enjoy the cold it's winter. I for one am happy that its cold. Now all we need is the snow

You might have to wait a while. I'm not a big fan of snow chances in this upcomimg pattern. I mean I guess we might have a shot at some snow between the 13th and 20th but meh. I also think we end the month 0.0-2 AN.

We'll see. Banter rant over.

You might have to wait a while. I'm not a big fan of snow chances in this upcomimg pattern. I mean I guess we might have a shot at some snow between the 13th and 20th but meh. I also think we end the month 0.0-2 AN.

We'll get our snow. I don't mind waiting a little while longer for it. You see what happened last year. The wait will be worth it

They are just as stubborn as people who go under the speed limit in the left lane and do not move. They think they're right, they know they're right, so they aren't going to deviate from their course of motion....regardless of the law (the laws of physics in this case)

Mannnnn that gives me road rage whenever that happens lol.

I agree. This is not a great snow pattern. The big show this winter will be February. At least we broke out of the mega ridge

I agree. This is not a great snow pattern. The big show this winter will be February. At least we broke out of the mega ridge

This was always going to be a February winter IMO. Pattern goes above normal again post January 15th. The setup since the fall (very strong Nino, strong +QBO, +PDO, low solar cycle) supported November through January going as it has so far. Past strong Nino climo with this setup also argues for a very meh March too...

IMO, we're in a transitional pattern that will feature some cold shots and some moderation until near mid-month +/- a few days when I suspect a more sustained cold pattern sets in. Any chance of snow before that time would probably be a bonus. Should the AO-/PNA+ hold, opportunities for snowfall will exist. So, at least at this point in time, the swings in the operational guidance don't worry me too much.

Absolutely perfectly embodies my thoughts.

Archived