Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meteorologist PT

"I would say that the trends tonight are fantastic if you like cold and snow. And if you think tonight is cold, just wait until next week. The GGEM in particular is a huge improvement. So is the UKMET. We are headed in the right direction with blocking, with more cold, and with a string of coastal storms. Tonight many of the operational models moves these storms right onto the coast which is of course two far west for our snow here, but much closer to what we would want to see and with that blocking developing in the North Atlantic, there's a fair chance that these storm tracks might adjust just a little east of where they currently are and become better for our snow chances in a day or two. I'm also loving that the big ocean storm well offshore is moving closer to us on the models and one reason it is is in response to the increased blocking to the north and east. Let's keep this going!! "

Meteorologist PT
"I would say that the trends tonight are fantastic if you like cold and snow. And if you think tonight is cold, just wait until next week. The GGEM in particular is a huge improvement. So is the UKMET. We are headed in the right direction with blocking, with more cold, and with a string of coastal storms. Tonight many of the operational models moves these storms right onto the coast which is of course two far west for our snow here, but much closer to what we would want to see and with that blocking developing in the North Atlantic, there's a fair chance that these storm tracks might adjust just a little east of where they currently are and become better for our snow chances in a day or two. I'm also loving that the big ocean storm well offshore is moving closer to us on the models and one reason it is is in response to the increased blocking to the north and east. Let's keep this going!! "

I THINK "WINTER IS FINALLY GOING TO LET PEOPLE FEEL ITS FURY" -First the COLD and SOON  THE SNOW...BRING IT ON !

Meteorologist PT

You Happen To Have a Link To His Current Blog ?

I don't hate the Jan 16 timeframe for a storm, but way too early to discuss details about it.  I've been a seller of this first event and remain so.    As was pointed out a few weeks ago, the airmass is marginal at best and there's minimal high pressure in eastern Canada.  Not a good solution for anyone.

I don't hate the Jan 16 timeframe for a storm, but way too early to discuss details about it.  I've been a seller of this first event and remain so.    As was pointed out a few weeks ago, the airmass is marginal at best and there's minimal high pressure in eastern Canada.  Not a good solution for anyone.

Yep, the 11th storm looks shot. The models are still up in the air with that storm in regards to the placement. It's either going to be a cold front, lakes cutter or coastal.

Yep, the 11th storm looks shot. The models are still up in the air with that storm in regards to the placement. It's either going to be a cold front, lakes cutter or coastal.

The UKMET had a near coastal to slightly inland bomb and the Euro trended a bit deeper last night so the bomb idea may be still on the table but definitely too far west.

Bluewave and I both posted last night  that  we should have a chance or 2 as a lobe/lobes of energy like to rotate around the base of the V and in patterns like we will see between Jan 11 - 19 we sometimes see something pop up in the M/R  as those pieces of energy come out of sparse regions and get caught late . 

That day 13 or so look was the period that that Wes Junker liked from a few days ago down in the M/A 

Archived