SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2015 Obs and Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.89" down this way in the last 24 hours, which is more than I expected.  We had some localized flooding around these parts that caused some temporary road closures on Tuesday, so I expect the same later today and tonight.

yeah, the heavy rain that came through HV, and down your way yesterday, never quite made it north to hit me at home. Steady rain on the way in this morning, surprisingly 83 wasn't terrible. 

.11 so far today

9/29: 5.02"

9/30: 0.04"

10/1: 0.42"

I'm not home but my wife says we have 1.02" so far for today and its raining hard.

HRRR gives Wes 3" through midnight. At least he already has a boat. 

...which probably means even more for me. I don't have a boat, but I can swim though, which might come in handy later tonight I guess.

2.6 from the Tuesday rain and 0.4 so far with this one.  I can't believe how fast our grass went from looking like hay to emerald green.  That stuff is resilient!

I looked at some of the big rain games tomorrow -- Clemson is predicted to receive 5-10" total, with 3-4" during the day tomorrow, although the game against Notre Dame is 8pm when it might be tapering off.  Athens is predicted to get 4-6" or so, but the game against Bama is 3:30, right during the heavy stuff.  going to be some mudders!

I looked at some of the big rain games tomorrow -- Clemson is predicted to receive 5-10" total, with 3-4" during the day tomorrow, although the game against Notre Dame is 8pm when it might be tapering off.  Athens is predicted to get 4-6" or so, but the game against Bama is 3:30, right during the heavy stuff.  going to be some mudders!

Then there's Maryland who moved its game back to avoid the hurricane.

Archived