Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

congrats man! glad y'all made it through space wx :lol:

coming back for some grad school or are you done with school? 

Thanks man....I'm not sure yet it kind of depends on the job situation. I think Dave is the only on 100% committed to going back lol

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL.

Kevin vs Scott/Will/Ryan/dendrite/PF/GINXY/etc battles are entertaining fodder.

Looking at everyone's member join dates, it looks like all you guys go back quite a ways to the beginning of amwx and easternwx i think it was before that I would guess. So you are probably more annoyed than entertained. Lol

Yeah several of us go back to even before EasternUSWx on WWBB (Wright Weather Bulletin Board). Eastern and WWBB co-existed for a time but then eventually everyone migrated to eastern in 2005. Then of course anyone from there migrated here in November 2010.

It's been a fun ride...can't believe how long it has been. I remember Ginx_snewx, CT_Blizzard (Kevin's old handle), weathafella, ETauntonMA (BaroclinicZone's old handle), Collinsville, kdxken, mattmfm, powderfreak, and even Logan11 in NY State posted with us back then...probably several I'm forgetting. Funny, we had a poster called StepheninCT who took all of Kevin's glory in the slantstick department. We never accused Kevin of slantsticking with that guy around. He was legendary, :lol:

Some of those guys go back to ne.weather back around 2000...even the late 1990s. i started lurking on ne.weather in 2000-2001, but didn't actually post until WWBB in 2004. (I was in college until 2003, so I wasn't on that much anyway) Can't believe it's been over a decade now. 

Yeah several of us go back to even before EasternUSWx on WWBB (Wright Weather Bulletin Board). Eastern and WWBB co-existed for a time but then eventually everyone migrated to eastern in 2005. Then of course anyone from there migrated here in November 2010.

It's been a fun ride...can't believe how long it has been. I remember Ginx_snewx, CT_Blizzard (Kevin's old handle), weathafella, ETauntonMA (BaroclinicZone's old handle), Collinsville, kdxken, mattmfm, powderfreak, and even Logan11 in NY State posted with us back then...probably several I'm forgetting. Funny, we had a poster called StepheninCT who took all of Kevin's glory in the slantstick department. We never accused Kevin of slantsticking with that guy around. He was legendary, :lol:

Some of those guys go back to ne.weather back around 2000...even the late 1990s. i started lurking on ne.weather in 2000-2001, but didn't actually post until WWBB in 2004. (I was in college until 2003, so I wasn't on that much anyway) Can't believe it's been over a decade now.

Very cool.

You can tell there is a lot of big brother vs little brother banter which makes sense because of the length of time.

I lived in SoCal from 2001-09 (made it back just in time for 09-10 winter in mid atl). 8 yr hiatus from wx weenie-ism during my partying 20s.

Lurked as a non member for a couple years in mainly mid- atl/phl/NYC threads when I moved to philly. Didn't come into the NE thread much though.

Lots of awesome posters here. Glad to learn from many of you guys.

Wow, just realized I've been on the boards for 15 years. More than half of my life. It's kind of crazy to think about...

Wow, just realized I've been on the boards for 15 years. More than half of my life. It's kind of crazy to think about...

I forgot to mention you in my post....I think you were WoodstockWx back then. :lol:

For NNEers, I mentioned powderfreak, but of course dendrite and Eek were there too. CoolSpruce and Will were the Maine posters...I think Tamarack posted at least back to early Eastern, and maybe WWBB...the other two Maine posters I haven't seen really since Eastern.

And of course all the mid-atlantic guys like Ji, stormtracker, zwyts, etc we always posted with since the boards were so much smaller with rarely more than 100 users on at once...sometimes up to 500 in a big storm. We all conversed in the same threads back then.

I forgot to mention you in my post....I think you were WoodstockWx back then. :lol:

For NNEers, I mentioned powderfreak, but of course dendrite and Eek were there too. CoolSpruce and Will were the Maine posters...I think Tamarack posted at least back to early Eastern, and maybe WWBB...the other two Maine posters I haven't seen really since Eastern.

And of course all the mid-atlantic guys like Ji, stormtracker, zwyts, etc we always posted with since the boards were so much smaller with rarely more than 100 users on at once...sometimes up to 500 in a big storm. We all conversed in the same threads back then.

I will never ever forget Quincys famous bus ride or the mold, just classic stuff. He was our early Wiz

If I count being on CompuServe in the 80s, I've been online over 30 years....lol.  Thankfully dial-up Internet came out just as left college because I was spoiled in college with access to all the different products and paying for a dedicated circuit wasn't going to happen.

33/32. Just missed Jack Frost.

A few miles up the hill, 42.1 for the low.

Here's one for Wiz.  He got into the pool when the cover came off.  I pulled him out this morning.  For reference, I measured the knot that he was sitting next to.  He's gone now......I bet that will keep Wiz from swimming naked in my pool.

A few miles up the hill, 42.1 for the low.

Here's one for Wiz.  He got into the pool when the cover came off.  I pulled him out this morning.  For reference, I measured the knot that he was sitting next to.  He's gone now......I bet that will keep Wiz from swimming naked in my pool.

Are you sure you're not living the Amazon?  Holy hell that thing is frightening.

Archived