• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

What about the hype sters that are really good and maybe better than many mets?

When we get into patterns that favor the hypsters' desired weather, they can do ok. If the actual weather doesn't correlate with their desired weather, the hypsters' are quite poor at forecasting.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Scott said is very true. I don't know about the rest of the mets, but for me what you learn in school doesn't necessarily make you a good forecaster. Forecasting takes practice and experience and lots of time being a weenie outside of class. Deriving the QG omega equation is great and all but it's not really going to help you become a great forecaster. 

What about the hype sters that are really good and maybe better than many mets?

LOL.

Kevin vs Scott/Will/Ryan/dendrite/PF/GINXY/etc battles are entertaining fodder.

Looking at everyone's member join dates, it looks like all you guys go back quite a ways to the beginning of amwx and easternwx i think it was before that I would guess. So you are probably more annoyed than entertained. Lol

LOL.

Kevin vs Scott/Will/Ryan/dendrite/PF/GINXY/etc battles are entertaining fodder.

Looking at everyone's member join dates, it looks like all you guys go back quite a ways to the beginning of amwx and easternwx i think it was before that I would guess. So you are probably more annoyed than entertained. Lol

Well for me I consider them all good friends. We've shared beers , gone to conferences together, and slapped weenies. But I think all of them get upset with me and my online persona at times,, especially when I nail a forecast. They are all really good dudes . Though Freak I've never met

Well for me I consider them all good friends. We've shared beers , gone to conferences together, and slapped weenies. But I think all of them get upset with me and my online persona at times,, especially when I nail a forecast. They are all really good dudes . Though Freak I've never met

You're great in person but you're a nightmare on the board.

we concur

You're great in person but you're a nightmare on the board.

He's great in both. Love waking up naked and reading his posts and then taking another 45 minutes to put pants on b/c he usually e cited me pretty good. Soft, sensible, delicate in person but tough, rugged, and full of confidence online. What a combination

He's great in both. Love waking up naked and reading his posts and then taking another 45 minutes to put pants on b/c he usually e cited me pretty good. Soft, sensible, delicate in person but tough, rugged, and full of confidence online. What a combination

I expected that post from Quincy.

I want to meet more of the SNE crew, aside from Ryan and Pickles I've never met any of you. You seem like a really fun guy. We all like to rib on here, especially the long term folks who have seen each other post since like WWBB and before.

Archived