joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubled that here. Ground is already dry again.

How much have you had since that coastal storm/thunderstorm event April 21? 

Ryan was saying on air last night this is our driest stretch here in CT in 14 years..Friday nite isn't looking very promising. I think most of that misses us to the south

Ryan Hanrahan ‏@ryanhanrahan  16m

Wow BDL did not receive measureable rain last night. The dry streak is alive! Today will mark the 21st straight dry da

Ryan was saying on air last night this is our driest stretch here in CT in 14 years..Friday nite isn't looking very promising. I think most of that misses us to the south

Not much at all here.

I remember one morning where i woke up and the pavement was damp. ...but that's been it.

Since that storm we have only had .2" here. Bone dry.

Since mid-February we have been way below normal on precipitation out here.

And then there was last year with almost no rain in the middle of the summer for two months. Please.

lol Kevin is taking things to the extreme???? I can't believe it. 

The "dry streak" record is sort of pointless anyway - since 0.01" can snap a streak. We're using it on air just as a curiosity but it doesn't exactly tell you much. 

lol Kevin is taking things to the extreme???? I can't believe it. 

The "dry streak" record is sort of pointless anyway - since 0.01" can snap a streak. We're using it on air just as a curiosity but it doesn't exactly tell you much. 

Yeah I was responding to Kevin. He'll whine now, and then get nailed with a few storms while they die as they head east. Man, he just pouts when things don't go his way.

Going to be a very difficult day. Thank your local FD's when you get a moment as their work will be cut out for them

Tolland Alert@TollandAlert 7m

7 minutes ago

RED FLAG WARNING: Critical fire weather conditions either exist or might be imminent. Fires may spread rapidly & be difficult to extinguish.

pretty green in my hood, nice .25 yesterday

Ryan Hanrahan ‏@ryanhanrahan  16m

Wow BDL did not receive measureable rain last night. The dry streak is alive! Today will mark the 21st straight dry da

1.53" since the 20th of April.

Depends where you are. I have daily records back to 2000 and have set no "dry" records yet during this current period, none. 60 day precipitation is more representative of a drought to me and currently the 60 day precip is 5.41" which isn't even in the ballpark for May's lowest in 15 years. I might set a new 30 day record low for precip if we get next to nothing for another 10 days.

Depends where you are. I have daily records back to 2000 and have set no "dry" records yet during this current period, none. 60 day precipitation is more representative of a drought to me and currently the 60 day precip is 5.41" which isn't even in the ballpark for May's lowest in 15 years. I might set a new 30 day record low for precip if we get next to nothing for another 10 days.

Well your area got quite a bit more than most of the state did in that coastal back on the 21st. if I recall your area had 2.5-3.0 inches while most of the state had closer to an 1-1.5.. Either way..this is unusual considering the time of year and typical wettest month and all empirical long term guidance doesn't offer a whole lot of hope

Right, that was literally my block..lol. My point is, relax..it could be a lot worse.

Well all I'm saying is it's very odd to have it this dry this time of year..and the overall pattern doesn't look wet at all thru the end of the month. The % of normal precip thru end of month is well below.. Someone saying .25 is a drought buster is either trolling or doesn't understand how we are entering convective/hot season..and that these things tend to feedback. 

To see critical fire wx in place with everything fully foliated and leafed out..that seems to me to be a pretty rare occurrence for SNE

If anything the weekend trended wetter. Maybe not 4" of rain, but looks like some showers will be around as a WF tries to push in. Not only that, the longer term pattern is mostly heat fail with the chances of rain moving in at times with fronts moving in. 

Archived