joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL!!! Thanks, but I think EVERYONE needs more snow!

Let's get a Block and have a Miller A with 5 inches of water that takes about a week to move up the East Coast and dumps about 50 - 60 inches of snow on MD and on every other state from North FL to the SNE, followed by record Siberian cold for at least a couple weeks lol

I 100% endorse this post. I'm hearing St Paddy's Day to the 24 is our last shot maybe? Let's do it! Jacksonville to Bangor special!! All chips in...then we close the book...until December 5.

Just measured roughly 5.75 inches. There might have been a bit of compaction as usual though. Snow now is definitely fluffier and lighter than before. Easier shoveling now that I got the wet stuff underneath before it got too deep. 

Coming down at a good clip still. 

It's BAD when there is so much snow that you cant tell where the sidewalk ends and the road starts lmao! Its worse when you have nil forward visibility due to heavy snow in the face plus winds blowin powder all over the place. I think I'll wait to get multiple snow measurements.

3:00 8.6 inches. .7 in the past hour. Light snow 25 degrees. Down to light snow. Had a nice burst in the past hour. Looks like 9 is doable. There is an interesting band out in western WV. I wonder if that will hold together and make it through here. I am surprised how bright it is outside. The March sun is something else.

I'm going to say accumulating (though maybe light) through 6pm, and then pixie or flurries or just shut off

Back edge has slowed considerably and in fact snow has redeveloped in WV and KY. 4-5pm end calls will bust hugely, 6pm I don't think so either so let's see how the 6pm versus 10pm call works out. Also, look at the DCA hourlies, the instant that the baro hit 30.1 it started snowing.  I agree with you that the small flakes with snow fog are underestimated as to the accumulation rate.

Just measured roughly 5.75 inches. There might have been a bit of compaction as usual though. Snow now is definitely fluffier and lighter than before. Easier shoveling now that I got the wet stuff underneath before it got too deep. 

Coming down at a good clip still. 

I've definitely had compaction and also melting early on, but thems the breaks...I was walking around for 3-4 hours and swung by work for an hour or 2 so I didn't measure constantly...I swept at 2pm which was exactly 6 hours on the nose..but maximizing my total doesn't matter to me...as long as I am accurate

LOL!!! Thanks, but I think EVERYONE needs more snow!

Let's get a Block and have a Miller A with 5 inches of water that takes about a week to move up the East Coast and dumps about 50  - 60 inches of snow on MD and on every other state from North FL to the SNE, followed by record Siberian cold for at least a couple weeks lol

LOL Jeb when you retire you gotta move to northern VT or somewhere up there and get 200" of snowfall per winter.  If you've got family around here, you'd still be a short trip away.  Or at least maybe out in the Deep Creek Lake area.

Archived