Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 16-17 Storm Threat

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all changes with tomorrows runs. All the flip flopping...keying on this wave or that..will end. Better or worse. WPC pulled out the poorly sampled/sparse data card. Says some supporting energy is not expected to reach western Canada till Sunday. Bam! Models will all converge on a common solution by 12z, surely by 0z. ;)

It all changes with tomorrows runs. All the flip flopping...keying on this wave or that..will end. Better or worse. WPC pulled out the poorly sampled/sparse data card. Says some supporting energy is not expected to reach western Canada till Sunday. Bam! Models will all converge on a common solution by 12z, surely by 0z. ;)

The worst part for me is that the 18z ens members went to the toilet. Only two remain with a decent storm

There was only a minimal chance of this ever happening to begin with. There is just too many factors that have to come together to make this a significant system for the Middle Atlantic. The pattern is not in place to make it happen and with no blocking and energy going north and south it's like threading a needle. I'm pretty confident the models will not shift back...similar to the Feb 2nd event. There will be little jogs north and south.

This is a Randy Johnson slider...80kts and out.

well, don't take this hard, but have you been uninvited from meetings lately or noticing people stopping their conversations when you approach while working at LWX?

cause apparently other people at your office believe there's a chance of snow Tuesday and it is likely imby Tuesday night....just sayin'

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?textField1=39.20826702330555&textField2=-76.66082766616307#.VN_xpi6rGRp

I wouldn't extrapolate :(

The RGEM usually looks a lot like the first 48 hours of the GGEM, which makes extrapolation pretty easy.  I'm not sure why, but I rarely see much divergence between the two.  You can often predict the shift in the GGEM by looking at the 06z or 18z RGEM.  Right now, it indicates that the 00z GGEM is going to follow everything else and put more energy in the front wave.

On the other hand, the GFS and NAM sometimes seem like they're modeling different planets.  Is it just that they are completely different models, and there is more similarity between the RGEM and GGEM?

well, don't take this hard, but have you been uninvited from meetings lately or noticing people stopping their conversations when you approach while working at LWX?

cause apparently other people at your office believe there's a chance of snow Tuesday and it is likely imby Tuesday night....just sayin'

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?textField1=39.20826702330555&textField2=-76.66082766616307#.VN_xpi6rGRp

"snow likely, chance of precip 60%", kinda sounds odd.

I believe ERS said that his "day job" forecast is much more hedged than what he posts here.

Archived