1.2-1.4" south shore to 495 to NH border

1.4-1.5" north shore including northern Boston metro

the above is all snow

warmest extent: 850 0C tickles south coast at 90hrs

nice consistency

heaviest Monday afternoon-evening

still think the evolution of the coastal beyond 72 hours is not set

That screams CF enhancement to me. 

N CT ends up 9-11. Your area Prob 6-8. Nothing wrong with that. And I do not believe we've seen the southern trend stop

Meh - not much of a trend IMO. Seems like we've seen a pretty good consensus building with weekend snows being mainly north and the Monday stuff eventually slumping south.

I am willing to bet the models are being too robust with the areal extent of QPF... it will likely be narrower. 

Meh - not much of a trend IMO. Seems like we've seen a pretty good consensus building with weekend snows being mainly north and the Monday stuff eventually slumping south.

I am willing to bet the models are being too robust with the areal extent of QPF... it will likely be narrower.

I don't think anyone in the entire state sees less than 6 inches

Big snows for all. Gonna be a special special next 3-4 days. Gonna share that with my girls. Something they may never see again

If you take a blend of the GFS and Euro at 12z, that gives CT a significant Snowfall no matter which way you slice it.  GFS was more generous than the Euro, but if you blend it together, it looks good imo.

can someone chime in on how they think the highways will look Sunday afternoon.

Look for two roads side by side, one going north and one going south.  The number of lanes (which will be paved with asphalt) will vary at times between 1 and 4.  The right side of the road will have a white line (probably buried under snow) and the left side will be marked with a yellow line.  If there is more than one lane, look for dashed white lines to help guide you.  

Look for two roads side by side, one going north and one going south.  The number of lanes (which will be paved with asphalt) will vary at times between 1 and 4.  The right side of the road will have a white line (probably buried under snow) and the left side will be marked with a yellow line.  If there is more than one lane, look for dashed white lines to help guide you.  

eek,  you should be a comedian.  Mark,  this is a long duration powder snow on cold ground.  I would say that traveling on Rt 93 will not be very bad.  Lots of traffic but nothing like the ice storm of a few weeks ago.  Much easier traveling than a 32F paste job.  On the other hand traveling around Boston could be horrible on Monday since everything will be narrowed.  I doubt there will be travel bans to help out the highway crews.

Thanks Zeus

you guys talk about the pike the pike the pike, of which i am just a few miles of and the enfield posters only a couple more but i never feel like we are included, its like the pike just always means orh to bos.....still seems like the real good stuff is a decent amount north of us

So what does that tell you?

You want a forecast more specific than a few miles from your house?

That is like me complaining because they said "128 area",  instead of Wilmington :lol:

you guys talk about the pike the pike the pike, of which i am just a few miles of and the enfield posters only a couple more but i never feel like we are included, its like the pike just always means orh to bos.....still seems like the real good stuff is a decent amount north of us

Why don't you b*tch about it then

Anyway, I don't think the models will have a great grasp on this one up until pretty close to the event.

Ok. Before you do.. Consider that pressing arctic high.. And easterly flow up and over it with a boundary stalled well south of LI.. Then throw in a juicy coastal. Think about it carefully before you accept

I was always worried the overrunning is too far north for SCT and then the coastal either doesn't crank enough or it cranks too much and we taint here.

I accept.

Archived