• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

you guys talk about the pike the pike the pike, of which i am just a few miles of and the enfield posters only a couple more but i never feel like we are included, its like the pike just always means orh to bos.....still seems like the real good stuff is a decent amount north of us

I get what your saying. There is more to the pike then orh-bos and when ppl say "the pike" they should take into account western areas i think they do (or at least some do )

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you guys talk about the pike the pike the pike, of which i am just a few miles of and the enfield posters only a couple more but i never feel like we are included, its like the pike just always means orh to bos.....still seems like the real good stuff is a decent amount north of us

I thought it looked fine there...the best may be a bit north of you since the pike goes south out in the valley before bending back north...but I also included the MA/CT border in the QPF description...so if that isn't enough for you, then I'm sorry.

I thought it looked fine there...the best may be a bit north of you since the pike goes south out in the valley before bending back north...but I also included the MA/CT border in the QPF description...so if that isn't enough for you, then I'm sorry.

I figure he assumed you meant ect /ma border

I was always worried the overrunning is too far north for SCT and then the coastal either doesn't crank enough or it cranks too much and we taint here.

I accept.

I think we miss the overrunning for the most part here.   Have to hope the coastal isn't too far south to screw up on the northern...would suck to miss the 1st batch b/c it's too far north and the 2nd batch b/c it's too far south.  Not saying that happens, but it's my weenie nightmare.  I like 4-6 for most of S CT FWIW.

I get what your saying. There is more to the pike then orh-bos and when ppl say "the pike" they should take into account western areas i think they do (or at least some do )

I think that most assume that if it looks good for the BOS-ORH corridor, it probably isn't craptastic a few miles south when the pike dips south in central/western MA. I try to be more detailed with temps if it makes a difference, but for QPF where a tenth or two isn't that big a deal, it's a good line for a general area anyway. Considering models accuracy with QPF trying to detail the lines to the nearest mile is just a waste of everyones time, a general area suffices to allow one to get an idea of the run.

Its official. We can be in futility or epicosity... people always finding a new way to b1tch.

I think we miss the overrunning for the most part here.   Have to hope the coastal isn't too far south to screw up on the northern...would suck to miss the 1st batch b/c it's too far north and the 2nd batch b/c it's too far south.  Not saying that happens, but it's my weenie nightmare.  I like 4-6 for most of S CT FWIW.

I think that's a good starting point.

I think we miss the overrunning for the most part here. Have to hope the coastal isn't too far south to screw up on the northern...would suck to miss the 1st batch b/c it's too far north and the 2nd batch b/c it's too far south. Not saying that happens, but it's my weenie nightmare. I like 4-6 for most of S CT FWIW.

Fair call, I like it as well. Disagree with Kevin that no one in the state is under 6". I think there will be lots of 4-5 inch amounts in sw and se ct.

SREF nice for all SNE but bullseye NW Boston..1.25"+

Tons of spread in the individuals though.

Looking at the plumes BOS has a pretty even distribution of members between 1.07" and 24.53"(mean is 13.13" but every member is either less than 10" or greater than 15"), similar crazy distributions at some of the other stations I checked.

If you want to look up your own: http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/fplumes/index.php?YMD=20150206&RT=15&PRM=Total-SNO&SID=PVD&INC=ALL&NNC=&max=&min=&mZOOM=4&mLAT=37.77478874678&mLON=-96.042896875&mTYP=roadmap and replace PVD(bolded for convenience, unbold it before you put it in the url bar) with your station of choice. 

I seriously wonder if there will be an increase in suicides in the general public as this goes on.  A lot of the non-snow lovers are on the edge of breakdowns.

Anyway, as the energy for the northern pulse gets better sampled, the goalposts should be set up even more. Right now, Ray, Lowell area look great.  A kind of weird series of events. Not really 1 storm, a pulse, a bigger pulse, then a nice drawn out stretch of decent snow

Archived