joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The overrunning is also earlier in the event...so areas that are more likely to see it gives them confidence in the winter storm watch. They might think some area south will get 8" in 24 hours, but probably not until Sunday night and Monday so the confidence becomes lower being further out. They might issue a watch further south tomorrow morning if the 00z models give a good hit on the coastal phase of the storm.

I was just thinking the same thing; really it's 4th period for that phase of the event so it's kinda tough to issue much for that range. It's rare to commit to a statement unless it's like every guddance in the world including the Antartic model's aunt louise predicting destiny

Yea, I'm afraid it will be an inside of rt 128 set up...sometimes I get a bit of an FU sliver when that happens, but no way of knowing yet. 

That is the risk I run in really cold events.

I don't see that at all on any guidance. Looks pretty damn good for all of us down right through BOS and even down to like Brockton.

This is my first winter here in New England and I guess maybe I'm somewhat of a snob being from Buffalo and averaging over 100" a year, but this 30" a season just isn't cutting it for me. I'm buying a house this summer up in far NE CT or far NW RI. No joke. I don't mind driving further for anything such as work, grocery stores, ect... to double my seasonal snowfall total. Post all the double and triple hot dogs you guys want.

why did you move to westerly in the first place if you like snow

This is my first winter here in New England and I guess maybe I'm somewhat of a snob being from Buffalo and averaging over 100" a year, but this 30" a season just isn't cutting it for me. I'm buying a house this summer up in far NE CT or far NW RI. No joke. I don't mind driving further for anything such as work, grocery stores, ect... to double my seasonal snowfall total. Post all the double and triple hot dogs you guys want.

Yuck. You could pick some better spots than that. 

Not so sure about that.  It is showing rain for Boston of .7 from 60 hr thru 81 hr.  Either this will be one its worst epic fails, or it is on to something.  I'll go with the former.

Hence the word, "getting"  ... it's trended S.  It's more intense, too, which is something I am watching for as more dynamics continue to relay off the assimilations of the eastern Pacific..  And looking at the other details of the synoptic evolution, not sure that interpretation of rain is going to be NAM's feather in the cap.  

It's typically too warm of model among the list of headaches it serves beyond 30 to 40 hours out.

So you want to live in Burrillville, RI...  That's essentially the "snow country" in RI, if there was such a place.

dude I am like 10 minutes from anything, come on up and Westerly is only like 45 mins away, I can point you to some great weenie spots in Sterling, Killingly at 700 ft

keep-calm-and-weenie-on.png

HPC

THE MODELS STILL SHOW A FAST MOVING WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE ALONG A
FRONTAL ZONE WHICH STARTS OUT OVER THE UPPER MIDWEST AND THEN
DROPS INTO THE OH VALLEY BY SUNDAY NIGHT. WARM AIR/MOISTURE
ADVECTION AHEAD OF THE WAVE ALONG WITH A WELL-DEFINED AXIS OF LOW
TO MID LEVEL FRONTOGENESIS NORTH OF THE LOW TRACK WILL FAVOR A
STRIPE MODERATE TO LOCALLY HEAVY SNOW FROM NORTHERN MN THROUGH THE
GREAT LAKES...NEW YORK AND PORTIONS OF NEW ENGLAND. A CONSENSUS OF
THE GUIDANCE LED BY THE GFS/UKMET AND ECMWF WOULD TEND TO FAVOR
AMOUNTS OF LOCALLY 6 TO 10 INCHES WITHIN THE AFOREMENTIONED
GEOGRAPHICAL SWATH.

ON MONDAY...THERE IS MORE SPREAD IN THE GUIDANCE ON THE EVOLUTION
OF THE LOW CENTER CROSSING OUT OF THE UPPER OH VALLEY. THE NAM AND
SREF MODELS SUPPORT LOW PRESSURE TRACKING NOTABLY FARTHER NORTH
AND WITH GREATER INTENSITY BEFORE THEN REDEVELOPING OFFSHORE
SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND BY LATE MONDAY. THESE SOLUTIONS ARE WETTER
AND SNOWIER FOR NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND. THE GFS/UKMET AND ECMWF ON
THE OTHER HAND ARE A BIT WEAKER BY COMPARISON AND FARTHER SOUTH.
THIS CAMP HAS BETTER ENSEMBLE SUPPORT AND WILL BE PREFERRED.
CONSEQUENTLY...THE THINKING IS THAT LOW PRESSURE SHOULD TRAVERSING
THE CENTRAL AND NORTHERN MID-ATLANTIC REGION BEFORE THEN
REDEVELOPING OFFSHORE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND. THE AFOREMENTIONED
FRONTAL ZONE THAT THE LOW CENTER IS TRAVERSING IS EXPECTED TO
BECOME MORE SUPPRESSED WITH TIME AS DEVELOPING CONFLUENT FLOW
ALOFT AND RESULTING ARCTIC HIGH PRESSURE SETS UP OVER SOUTHEAST
CANADA. THIS SHOULD FAVOR ADDITIONAL HEAVY SNOW FOR PORTIONS OF
THE LOWER GREAT LAKES REGION AND ESPECIALLY NY AND SOUTHERN NEW
ENGLAND...INCLUDING POSSIBLY PARTS OF THE NORTHERN MID-ATLANTIC
FROM NORTHERN PA TO NORTHERN NJ WHERE STRONGER FRONTOGENETIC
FORCING NORTH OF THE FRONTAL ZONE COUPLED WITH STRONGER HEIGHT
FALLS/DYNAMICS WILL BE IN PLACE. ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 6