Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres been a couple of us . You, me, Will, that were just waiting for models to sniff the high pressing. Even posted yesterday it would start at 00z. Let's see how the rest of the day goes

Yeah, Mentioned it, Models always pick up on it as we get closer in, No different here for this one,

I could see Monday trending more robust with precip as we get closer.

I actually have been having trouble figuring out why it didn't have a little more going for it on previous depictions in that regard... the setup looks pretty nice right as it slides south of NE and squeezing out under the H in Quebec, it looks like a nice setup for Monday.

A few humped the Euro. We urged caution

Lets stop with the MMQBing until the event happens...you also thought last Monday would stay all snow north of LI sound...we don't need that type of rhetoric as if the event has happened.

There's a lot of uncertainty in this one. The tick south isn't a shock...but it could still go back north a bit too.

I thought Ryan said EURO was really bad for SNE? 

It wasn't very good for CT, but it was pretty good for BOS-ORH verbatim, though a bit of a close call. It had the overrunning stuff mostly N of the MA/CT border and temps got a bit marginal during the "Coastal" phase down in CT...esp southern half.

Harv never bought those north trends for a moment.

Trajectory of the high makes it difficult to get too far north...it's not a retreating high, it's actually trying to build in to our north as the system is evolving, and a frigid airmass often wins out...there's still a lot of questions though in this system.

I wouldn't be locking anything in yet except that we'll probably see some light snow late tomorrow. Beyond that is up in the air.

I am by no means a met. I was an an avid reader/sometimes poster on easternuswx years ago.

Over the years i have noticed when there is some serious cold entrenched the models just dont grasp it quite like they should.

For me this is no different. I really dont think the models have a solid hold on this cold air. During the last storm i felt the cold was under-forecasted as well which it certainly was.

GFS is really starting to back me up. I still think cold is gonna win out more heavily than depitcted!

Boston harbor sitting at a warm 31 F

(They've had cancel the commuter boat from hull/hingham as well as use ice cutters to help them out)

For our area to get in the game for more significant snows, we'll need models to tick a bit further south.

I think that depends on your definition of significance.... also, there may be a bit of a taint issue with the coastal along the south coast.

Archived