• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

My point exactly.  He seems rather underwhelmed.  Probably the same guy who wrote the 3 inches of snow showers blending into the snowbanks discussion yesterday.  That seems like a decent event to me but not to Curtis.

I don't know how much you can sugar coat a 48hr+ light snow event, Its really not very significant even if we get a foot, Its like a 0.25/hr avg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks in denial. This is shaping up to be a pretty meh event south of pike. Days and days of snow gone poof.

Folks in denial. This is shaping up to be a pretty meh event south of pike. Days and days of snow gone poof.

It's a 6-12 event south of the pike from south to north..and if the south trends continue today ..you can shift that south

If you find snow greed nauseating, then you're on the wrong board.

Its akin to an animal rights activist hanging in a butcher shop.

The rhetoric still gets a little overwhelming though....the complaining could be toned down in here and we could stick to the meteorology...we don't need every other post as "meh". Same goes for "yay!!"...these threads should be more about the meteorology.

Thank you

The rhetoric still gets a little overwhelming though....the complaining could be toned down in here and we could stick to the meteorology...we don't need every other post as "meh". Same goes for "yay!!"...these threads should be more about the meteorology.

I don't know how much you can sugar coat a 48hr+ light snow event, Its really not very significant even if we get a foot, Its like a 0.25/hr avg

well he says 48 hours after he says late Saturday thru Monday morn - so it's 36 hours.  Also it wont be light snow for 36 hours.  there will be bands of at least mod to occ. hravy snow.  It will be like having 2 moderate storms in short succession.  I  imagine he will be underwhelmed by Fridays cold outbreak since it will be worse while people are sleeping

This next stretch is absolutely fascinating to me - snow falling in the background over a period of days. Dare I say, snow falling is almost becoming a way of life?

The immediate impact will be low, but the challenge of where to put it will still be a problem for municipalities.

These last couple of weeks feel like the closest taste to what it is like to live in a true arctic location. All we need is to go weeks without the sun rising.

well he says 48 hours after he says late Saturday thru Monday morn - so it's 36 hours.  Also it wont be light snow for 36 hours.  there will be bands of at least mod to occ. hravy snow.  It will be like having 2 moderate storms in short succession.  I  imagine he will be underwhelmed by Fridays cold outbreak since it will be worse while people are sleeping

Like i said, There will be heavier burst not denying that, But the models also show a couple lulls where nothing may be falling, Its not like we are +SN for 36-48hrs which i think some think is going to happen by the tone of the post, If that was the case, I would pass Eastport.......lol

It's a 6-12 event south of the pike from south to north..and if the south trends continue today ..you can shift that south

You've got the thickest weenie goggles ever invented. 

The Euro went north in a fairly sizable fashion (in fact argues for mixed precip near I-84 with bulk of precip north of the Pike) while the GGEM is almost a shut out here in CT. It's cool that you like snow... but I don't know why you just make stuff up about it. Exaggerating what a computer model shows isn't going to bring you any more snow.

Fun to see you putting all your eggs in the GFS basket though lol

You've got the thickest weenie goggles ever invented. 

The Euro went north in a fairly sizable fashion (in fact argues for mixed precip near I-84 with bulk of precip north of the Pike) while the GGEM is almost a shut out here in CT. It's cool that you like snow... but I don't know why you just make stuff up about it. Exaggerating what a computer model shows isn't going to bring you any more snow.

Fun to see you putting all your eggs in the GFS basket though lol

You can get all fancy with your Omega and sinking motion..that's fine. It;s going to be an all snow event for all of SNE. Maybe CC mixes Monday.

Tomorrow we get an inch..Sunday we get 2-4 and then 5-10 Sunday night/Monday.

Any clown can see the cold high pressing in is going to shift it colder. Stop riding the op Euro lol

Also of note ..GEFS moved south

Any clown can see the cold high pressing in is going to shift it colder. Stop riding the op Euro lol

Wait did you just say stop riding the EURO and then use the GEFS as support?  Could've sworn we were told the opposite yesterday when the EURO was the coldest model.

I agree. It did..But it's the only piece of guidance like that. And the ENS are not like that.

Let's see how today goes.

Ensembles are pretty similar...not sure why you are saying they aren't. They still give you snow...but they are a bit north of yesterday. They have the max snow from the pike to about dendrite...prob like a 4-8 event for you.

You can get all fancy with your Omega and sinking motion..that's fine. It;s going to be an all snow event for all of SNE. Maybe CC mixes Monday.

Tomorrow we get an inch..Sunday we get 2-4 and then 5-10 Sunday night/Monday.

Yeah that's not important for storms lol

There would be 50% fewer posts in these threads if people chose to ignore some posts.

When does RGEM start to get a handle on this fun? Later today?

RGEM should start getting useful 12z today, but much more so tonight.

The 06z run actually looked pretty close to the Euro.

How'd that work out Monday?

You're right - let me just take the highest QPF and coldest solution and use them instead of anything else.

Monday was an odd event - I definitely thought it would underperform but in the end was saved by that wild back-end of 4" or 5" that seemed to be pretty poorly modeled. I don't think many saw that coming. 

Probably 2-3", then 3-5, then maybe another 3-5? I mean if we are complaining about that...you guys are hopeless.

Wow, I'm not complaining at all, A comment was made to GYX's take as being underwhelming for this event, And over the long period i don't see where they should honk it up, Am i being wrong here?

Archived