Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julian.

What did you use for that picture?  Just amazing.  Nice work.

A camera. :)

Nikon 28-300 mm f/5.6 lens at f/5.6 and ISO 320 for 1 second, shutter tripped with a remote cable to minimize shaking. Even at 1s you can see some slight trailing of Mars, but the crop sensor camera I was using doesn't handle high ISOs very well. Thanks for the kind words.

A camera. :)

Nikon 28-300 mm f/5.6 lens at f/5.6 and ISO 320 for 1 second, shutter tripped with a remote cable to minimize shaking. Even at 1s you can see some slight trailing of Mars, but the crop sensor camera I was using doesn't handle high ISOs very well. Thanks for the kind words.

Great camera. Does great stuff at low shutter speeds

I observe that people should not be so rude to others thoughts and observation and not dismissed just because they do not have a pro snow agenda. There are a few posters who get away with murder here talking down to other posters. There were some indications that this event was not going to perform for certain areas and you could see by radar watching and trends including dryslotting who would not do as well. You could also tell who would do well. Its not about just hugging the model giving the most snow and cold..ie the NAM which people always do around here.

There are a few posters who get away with murder here

On the bright side, that particular crime has no Statute of Limitations...

I'm guessing he sees the writing on the wall with the pattern shift during the 1st week of March

Late season events tend to come together with less notice around here for some reason, although with the way the models handled events more than 72 hours out this season I guess there will be little difference. Point being, I think there will still be opportunities post 3/1.

I'm guessing he sees the writing on the wall with the pattern shift during the 1st week of March

Not a terribly well known fact, but that particular colloquialism originated around the time the Babylonian Empire fell under Nebuchadnezzar...Daniel was making a specific reference to the end of the kingdom.

*Recalled w/o any computer search or reference to history books*

Is there any near future snow systems in the forecast for east coast and near NJ area.

If we regard the future as the indefinite period that stands before us, I can categorically reply in the affirmative.

Not a terribly well known fact, but that particular colloquialism originated around the time the Babylonian Empire fell under Nebuchadnezzar...Daniel was making a specific reference to the end of the kingdom.

*Recalled w/o any computer search or reference to history books*

But it was Belshazzar.

But it was Belshazzar.

Correct...I double checked with the wiki article...it was a generation or so after N...but since the original post was ignored, I was not inclined to edit.  Good job on your part.

On the bright side, that particular crime has no Statute of Limitations...

I must say I am hilarious...though no one ever laughs at my jokes...might need to find a new audience...I'd be loathe to alter the material.

Archived