Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really dont get why people leave right after winter

I'm usually very active in our western sub-forums for severe season and eventually the tropical threads during the summer. 

Believe it or not I usually post much less in the winter. There severe threads out west have some of the best information you can find on the web (besides stormtrack) 

Lol we are not hitting 44 on Sunday you believe that I have a bridge to sell you in NY

UnionWeatherGuy, on 21 Feb 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

That EURO run is way off on temps. Manville, NJ is not hitting 44 on sunday. Lol where have you been these past days?

I highly doubt the city or central jersey north is hitting freezing. Especially on a SW wind with all that snow cover that way i doubt it

Sorry guys... Looks like the Euro was definitely off but by 2 degrees on the low side.. As of 3:30pm the current temp in Manvile, NJ is 45.7

post-2882-0-26783600-1424637483_thumb.jp

I cant be offended by the truth

That is a good trait.  For a not insignificant percentage of the population, nothing is more offensive than the truth. 

my accusations tend to elicit the worst in people and that's my biggest self confidence booster 

My confidence comes from looking good and always having an answer...no matter what the question.

These are adults, that is why the mayor feels a need to tell them what to do.

Didn't ski there, but I rode past Loon Mountain yesterday,  It's local to Boston....if you consider 130 miles local.

This is my failed attempt to do a flip during PDII (don't tell the mayor):

post-290-0-44088800-1424650921_thumb.jpg

Some people are going to kill themselves no matter what the mayor tells them. I wonder if that is fake. Piled snow is not soft and fluffy. From that high up, water feels a lot like concrete if you don't hit it perfect.

The snow Boston had been getting was fairly low water content. After yesterday though not so much. I witnessed guys jumping off the 4th floor of the main campus parking garage at Towson university during pd2 33" and very low water content. They jumped into the snow that was plowed off the top and was almost to the second level they were fine but you couldn't pay me to do that. It was before the days of video on your phone but I do have an old fashion picture of it.

I looked at the GFS and GEFS through their entire runs and they keep it frigid through 3/7-3/10. Don't think our next 32 degree crack is due to us around the ides of March.  The EPO will keep it frigid through mid-March.  I like the depiction of early next week major snow fall to moderate ice storm on the 6Z GFS, looks about right too.  Don't buy the warm cutter one bit on the Euro, we know that is 100% wrong in the pattern.  My take on 2/23-3/15: 18 inches of snow, and only one day above freezing for the high.  I am 65-70 % confident of this verifying, and let's see how I do once it is 3/15/2015.  I bet some of you agree that this could be right too.

I looked at the GFS and GEFS through their entire runs and they keep it frigid through 3/7-3/10. Don't think our next 32 degree crack is due to us around the ides of March.  The EPO will keep it frigid through mid-March.  I like the depiction of early next week major snow fall to moderate ice storm on the 6Z GFS, looks about right too.  Don't buy the warm cutter one bit on the Euro, we know that is 100% wrong in the pattern.  My take on 2/23-3/15: 18 inches of snow, and only one day above freezing for the high.  I am 65-70 % confident of this verifying, and let's see how I do once it is 3/15/2015.  I bet some of you agree that this could be right too.

This is going to be 100% correct for Antarctica...

Archived