• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

I thought this board was a safe haven from the whining and moaning about the cold that plagues the rest of society. Nope.

Normal people don't enjoy brutally cold temps. A lot of people here tolerate the cold because of the snow that can come with it. By the time March first rolls around, a lot of people are ready for Spring. Not everyone, but a lot of people.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normal people don't enjoy brutally cold temps. A lot of people here tolerate the cold because of the snow that can come with it. By the time March first rolls around, a lot of people are ready for Spring. Not everyone, but a lot of people.

Like I said... "normal" people despise snow, severe thunderstorms, and high winds, among the other active wx conditions that we routinely seek.

That would be excellent.

I don't get it either. Who really enjoys the sight of filthy black/gray snow? I don't mind snow when it melts, but I'm not used to this snowpack thing.

I don't have any black or gray snow at my house. On the side of the road, sure, but that's not what I see when I look out my window. I see 15" of beautiful powder. Different strokes for different folks.

Wrong place to be expecting normal behavior.

Light weights......We only really had 1 solid month of winter

Ya know, I think that about people around here all the time. Doesn't matter winter or summer, drawn out periods of weather and they get cranky. What would some of them do if they had snow on the ground from about Halloween through Easter? I loved it in CO and WY when it was like that. Some winters we wouldn't see pavement for three months!

Ya know, I think that about people around here all the time. Doesn't matter winter or summer, drawn out periods of weather and they get cranky. What would some of them do if they had snow on the ground from about Halloween through Easter? I loved it in CO and WY when it was like that. Some winters we wouldn't see pavement for three months!

My ideal winter would be zero grass from December 1st-March 1st. It's never happened and probably never will (until the next ice age), but that's my ideal.

My ideal winter would be zero grass from December 1st-March 1st.

Well, if you can go cold turkey w/o the stuff for that long, props...

All I know, is ever since I started dancing around the Mikehobbyist shrine, there has been unrelenting cold and snow.  The legs feel pretty good; I think I can keep dancing until April.

PS...those complaining about retaining snowpack either live in a city, next to a highway, don't x-c ski or snowshoe, or all of the above.

The sking here was great late Sunday after Saturday nights glop had begun to firm up.

post-290-0-25416800-1424827543_thumb.jpg

Archived