Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on how dramatically the models have changed over a very short period of time on the weekend, I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to change to a totally different solution at 0z tonight. What that is, I'm not sure yet, but just based on how 18z went, I have a funny feeling there will be big surprises tonight, I guess we shall see....

Based on how dramatically the models have changed over a very short period of time on the weekend, I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to change to a totally different solution at 0z tonight. What that is, I'm not sure yet, but just based on how 18z went, I have a funny feeling there will be big surprises tonight, I guess we shall see....

all we really need is another 75 miles south and we get an all snow event on Saturday night. It's definitely possible but that south trend kinda stopped with the 18z runs. Still a good run I think

all we really need is another 75 miles south and we get an all snow event on Saturday night. It's definitely possible but that south trend kinda stopped with the 18z runs. Still a good run I think

It's more about the location of the high than it is the low, we don't want the low too South otherwise we're looking at a scraper that's all snow but hardly any qpf to attest

no I know that but how come its spotty. A setup like this usually brings a wall of snow which means there shouldn't be anyone philly and north up to Maine having at least 2-5 but obviously more north. Parts of upstate ny are in the 1-2 range in some spots. This is why I stopped giving these maps credit. You look at the guidance, pattern, snowpack, time of the year, trends and you come with your own forecast! Lol...Yep u guessed 3-6 is my call for philly up to Boston!

I'm putting this in here because it's banter, but, like, can you please stop posting, person who's been a member for roughly 24 hrs?

People ask so I do it sometimes, euro is the only PBP REALLY needed

problem with the storm threads is all the pure  banter inbetween the PBP posts - deleting the banter is not going to solve the problem - banning the posters that are responsible is the only solution - and if you notice its the same characters doing it in every storm thread........some on purpose BTW......another solution is to set up PBP threads and only allow designated posters to post in them - have to start thinking "out of the box" to try and find a solution since I for one don't even bother reading or rarely posting in them since it eats up too much time trying to navigate through them to try and find something worth reading...........

problem with the storm threads is all the pure banter inbetween the PBP posts - deleting the banter is not going to solve the problem - banning the posters that are responsible is the only solution - and if you notice its the same characters doing it in every storm thread........some on purpose BTW......another solution is to set up PBP threads and only allow designated posters to post in them - have to start thinking "out of the box" to try and find a solution since I for one don't even bother reading or rarely posting in them since it eats up too much time trying to navigate through them to try and find something worth reading...........

Whenever I try and give an unbiased PBP im shut up by yanks or allsnow, only to prove myself right after the fact... Yesterday twice and today once so far.. All I said was the nam was identical im terms of time frame, and yanks told me to stop posting, and sure as **** the nam is IDENTICAL... In and out same time frame as 06z, I hate the completely weenie biased PBP that's done, and all the weenie followers love it cause they hear what they wanna hear

First off there is no need for 3 people to do the play by play. We already have 2 that bicker enough as is. 

Secondly, dude, no offense, but your PBP's aren't great. You constantly go back and correct info after people call you out on it. What was it that you confused last night? The state of Ohio and the city of Chicago. 

Im not trying to deflate you. Post less, read more, and continue to learn. Look at Yanksfan, as annoying as he is at times, he has improved the quality of his interpretation of the models ten fold over the last few years. 

Whenever I try and give an unbiased PBP im shut up by yanks or allsnow, only to prove myself right after the fact... Yesterday twice and today once so far.. All I said was the nam was identical im terms of time frame, and yanks told me to stop posting, and sure as **** the nam is IDENTICAL... In and out same time frame as 06z, I hate the completely weenie biased PBP that's done, and all the weenie followers love it cause they hear what they wanna hear

if I remember right yesterday u said people saying 3-6 were nuts...and obviously _a_ks is off his gourd he just is a machine spitting out frames of a model while paying no mind to what hes actually saying

if I remember right yesterday u said people saying 3-6 were nuts...and obviously _a_ks is off his gourd he just is a machine spitting out frames of a model while paying no mind to what hes actually saying

That's 100% incorrect go back and read what I said, I was arguing the 4-8" totals being thrown around by allsnow THAT current model was NOT showing... NOT a forcast but the exact model verbatim.. Yanks then posted the qpf outputs for the areas and nobody on this board was over 4" for THAT EXACT model run

:facepalm:

Ok your right, keep sucking on those inaccurate pbps... It was flat out wrong period.. If I'm wrong about it prove it? Plain and simple.. Show me where the nam was a "long duration event" compared to 06z please.... Second of all I wasn't even doing a PBP, I made one reference about a single frame... Ill post as I see fit especially when I know I'm right...could care less what you or the rest of the weenies who want those inflated pbps say... more moisture, less moisture, it's slower, it's drier, it's a quicker thump, gulf moisture ftw.. Gimme a break

NYC gets 13mm of snow on the RGEM.

Rgem is 4"-6" of front end snow for NYC and all the boroughs.

Perfect example... 1 poster says 4-6" the other says 13mm aka about 1/2"

Most readers skim right by this dumb ****, but maybe I should just read more.. After all it's all so accurate

I'm the idiot but Anthony of all people doesn't realize that the 13mm is liquid NOT snowfall...

Most readers skim right by this dumb ****, but maybe I should just read more.. After all it's all so accurate

I'm the idiot but Anthony of all people doesn't realize that the 13mm is liquid NOT snowfall...

He does

No. You are wrong. Yet again. It is certainly 13mm as snow. 

Jesus man, just take a break. 

I never said yanks was right, yesterday he was calling for a mainly rain event, its just this model huggin garbage has to stop and the pbp   we all can read maps,  I appreciate the euro pbp because not all have access to that but the rest pbp is just too much.   I don't want to hear what a model spits out, I want to hear what a persons forecast is based off of the model runs, conditions, trends etc

Archived