joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good reason not to run too high early. You can maybe still salvage something up front if we can push good moisture out ahead of it. Not something that works out here a ton but maybe. 

Glad I'm not mapgirl. She's like 10 feet away from a big hit. 

Yeah, I'm thinking around the MD line has a shot if the models stop the bleeding and come back south a little.  But like you said for us all we do is hope for more front end before the cold rain.

That's close enough to at least keep watching...might still be a gut blow but man...what's 50 - 100 miles in two days...it's the same concept but north....I'm hanging tight

adjusting for temps, i'd say it's closer to 100-150 miles.  we need a pretty moderate shift south by 0z or this is going to be difficult.

there is a 1050 High in Greenland....how is this tracking north again?

PNA ridge shifted way too far west and was knocked down at the worst possible time.  The NAO is decent but its not like a 2010 block or anything.  The combo shifted the trough axis a bit too far west and too flat for us on some runs.  All the winter's over talk is funny though, everone knows the minute another threat shows up we will be doing the same thing all over.  Time is running out though.   

Archived