12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the chances that the NAM leads the way days before an event? Watch the GFS now completely suppress it.

Better chance of being struck by lightning twice in Siberia than seeing the GFS come south this run. Pattern is locked up and I don't believe it's coming back. Maybe a few fluctuations here and there but our chances for a moderate snowstorm are finished.

What are the chances that the NAM leads the way days before an event? Watch the GFS now completely suppress it.

I know you're saying this a bit tongue-in-cheek, but at this point I'd be utterly shocked if the GFS did that.

On a related note, I'd have taken those more suppressed solutions the other day with 1-3" or 2-4" followed by the very cold air than what we're seeing now (even if areas to the south jackpotted instead of us).  At least that would be more wintry-looking.

Better chance of being struck by lightning twice in Siberia than seeing the GFS come south this run. Pattern is locked up and I don't believe it's coming back. Maybe a few fluctuations here and there but our chances for a moderate snowstorm are finished.

You also thought we wouldn't torch yesterday. ;) I think anything is possible still.

Absolutes? Love it

I know you're saying this a bit tongue-in-cheek, but at this point I'd be utterly shocked if the GFS did that.

On a related note, I'd have taken those more suppressed solutions the other day with 1-3" or 2-4" followed by the very cold air than what we're seeing now (even if areas to the south jackpotted instead of us).  At least that would be more wintry-looking.

exactly

What on earth is causing this crazy reversal? A few days ago we were looking at a suppressed storm in the Carolinas, and now we're looking at a Pittsburgh rain storm.

Others can add more detail (and perhaps more accurately), but in short the confluence isn't as strong and thus the big high isn't pushing down as much over the top of the system.  It's mostly moving in behind the storm.  So it cuts up to our northwest.  That, and I believe the shortwave is being depicted stronger.

Archived