Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question is......how much further can this push north? I'd like to think we have another 24 hours or so to get back on a south trend.

It could definitely go north of/over us. Pattern is decent to good but not really a slam dunk. Last storm probably argues for New England to feel best at the moment.

You get some snow. By 6z Mon. morning you're right at freezing and slightly behind the zero line. About .30 has fallen. Probably as snow.

Thank you. Looks like i get about 4" according to the snow maps. If that can hold I would be fine with that. Looks like you get between 6-7".

Thank you. Looks like i get about 4" according to the snow maps. If that can hold I would be fine with that. Looks like you get between 6-7".

Ehh I'm not going to adjust my expectations based on a run of models. We have suffered through a cold miserable winter. It's time to get a flush hit. I'm not even happy if I get 5-6" of crud if 30 miles north of me has 12" powder.

The problem with the GFS north has everything to do with the high pressure out in front of the storm and not much to do with the high to the north.

The plains high has been modeled at the same strength and position for the last 4 runs, but the high in the Atlantic has strengthened and moved from ots to right off the SC coast.

The only way this storm comes back south is if that high is modeled too strong and too close to the coast.

The problem with the GFS north has everything to do with the high pressure out in front of the storm and not much to do with the high to the north.

it's actually both hp,s. The northern hp is not pushing as soon or as hard as was modeled earlier. It's not even getting enough cold air in here for a decent cad and front end thump. Unless the models are wrong about that. This one is toast.

The plains high has been modeled at the same strength and position for the last 4 runs, but the high in the Atlantic has strengthened and moved from ots to right off the SC coast.

The only way this storm comes back south is if that high is modeled too strong and too close to the coast.

HPC's model diagnostic discussion says they have a suspicion that the Euro and GFS will come back south at 12z. Not feeling it, but they're the pro mets so we'll see if they are correct. At least it's some hope.

I guess that there still is enough spread to see decent snow here...but in the years of doing this hobby I have rarely seen models reverse a north trend inside of 72 hours. That said here is HPC's quote on the 0z model suite:

THE PREVAILING SHIFT IN THE 00Z MODELS WAS FOR A MORE NORTHERLYTRACK WITH THIS SYSTEM...WHICH IS REFLECTED IN THE WPCFORECAST...PARTICULARLY FROM LATE DAY 2 ONWARD.  HOWEVER FORECASTCONFIDENCE WAS TEMPERED BY THE RUN-TO-RUN INCONSISTENCIES THEMODELS HAVE SHOWN ALONG THE WITH DISTINCT POSSIBILITY THAT THEMODELS MAY REVERSE TRENDS IN SUBSEQUENT RUNS. 

I guess that there still is enough spread to see decent snow here...but in the years of doing this hobby I have rarely seen models reverse a north trend inside of 72 hours. That said here is HPC's quote on the 0z model suite:

THE PREVAILING SHIFT IN THE 00Z MODELS WAS FOR A MORE NORTHERLYTRACK WITH THIS SYSTEM...WHICH IS REFLECTED IN THE WPCFORECAST...PARTICULARLY FROM LATE DAY 2 ONWARD.  HOWEVER FORECASTCONFIDENCE WAS TEMPERED BY THE RUN-TO-RUN INCONSISTENCIES THEMODELS HAVE SHOWN ALONG THE WITH DISTINCT POSSIBILITY THAT THEMODELS MAY REVERSE TRENDS IN SUBSEQUENT RUNS. 

sounds like a very professionally stated wishcast    lol

It would be a miracle if they reversed course, but it is possible.  If they do, I swear I'm not believing models outside of 24 hours anymore.  I'm going to have a stroke if I do believe them.  Damn this hobby.  :axe:

It would be a miracle if they reversed course, but it is possible.  If they do, I swear I'm not believing models outside of 24 hours anymore.  I'm going to have a stroke if I do believe them.  Damn this hobby.  :axe:

6z sealed the deal going from blip to trend I think

Archived