Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sucks about what happened down in NYC is that some useless ass pustule is undoubtedly going to impugn the efforts of the Meteorological community in the public specter, and that will set up society beautifully for when the 30" storm really occurs...

Well I'm sure when it occurs they will be forecasting it too. I've seen some things though that people are angry about. People losing two days of work for 6", the whole economic cost of shutting down NYC, etc. it's not easy to disrupt daily life in the Big Apple.

Happens almost every time, been a topic of discussion here multiple times. Seems the bigger the storm, the more we get underreported.

I like that TWC used the Boston Commons reading instead.

First of all, Boston is usually pretty good.  It's Providence that is the ULTIMATE in Horrible HORRIBLE Readings.  

Seconde - Happy that TWC is doing that.  Well done.  Can't stand when the media uses "The Official Measurements".  Airports.  WHO the Bleep Ever decided that was the way to go????  

The total at Boston may not be Low actually.  I'm only at 13.75" / 14.0" with the gound mostly having only 11.5".  

So Guys - What am I praying for as the death band dies here?  Where's the next reformation to hope for?    

Best snow in hours here in Mainsfield. Still kind of sad I made a poor last second choice. The motel I had originally booked was right in the 20-30" range, I'll probably end up with 17-20", can't complain though loving every second even though I'm tired as hell. 

Not a poor choice, just unlucky.  It's impossible to predict these things with that level of accuracy.

The pattern in storms with this timing is for BOS to have an abysmally low midnight reading vs the rest of the area, pretty low but closer at 7AM, ballpark by 1pm. My guess is their total will be 20.8 at 1pm. Of that's the case, with snow accumulating probably another 6 hours they can limp their way into a top 5..lol.

Archived