• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Would love for that to be true... and that pattern matches very closely with the 24-36 area the Box map still has

But skeptical. Not sure we are getting >1/hr anywhere in SNE right now

fwiw RAP keeps the best (6-12" remainder of today) in what's left of the mid level frontogenesis band northeast-central MA down to CT-RI border

Was just out with the dog, I went over to Emerson Park and let her off the leash. We have a ton of snow otg.....I would not be surprised if we've hit 20 and now the banding is ramping up again. We'll see.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so not too far away then, so they might be similar.  Thanks.

Christian Hill is 0.75 mile to my north, and usually how I gauge intensity. Haven't seen it at all today. 30" is a guesstimate. I wouldn't have a clue as to where to measure since we got about 8" the other day. The picnic table was cleared prior to this storm.

Starting to break up the solid snow shield....two distinct areas now...one from about ORH eastward and another in the Berkshires down to SW CT

Jan27_1002am_Radar.gif

Starting to break up the solid snow shield....two distinct areas now...one from about ORH eastward and another in the Berkshires down to SW CT

Jan27_1002am_Radar.gif

Jan27_1002am_Radar.gif

Oh thats a lovely pic.  So happy to be in the opening snow hole.  No foot for me!

Congrats to some of you - you know who you are!

I should move. This is the second "blizzard" in a row where I was close enough to the state of Rhode Island to get into the screwzone. Overnight, for a good portion of the time, RI was the doughnut hole. I'm not sure how much I have right now...probably about a foot.

I guess if I lived in a doughnut hole I would have to move too.

Oh thats a lovely pic.  So happy to be in the opening snow hole.  No foot for me!

Congrats to some of you - you know who you are

Was hoping a dry slot would move onto our coastline,  Now a new heavy band is forming in that spot.

mablizzard, but he left for school in Plymouth, NH LOL

weatherma goes to plymouth, I go to Lowell :P 

Im actually riding this one out in Boston at my friends place on the commons, should have gone home for this one! Ill try to see if I can get any measurements from home but at best they would be depths .. Ill try to get a couple pics! seems like that area got destroyed between 3-9 am

What sucks about what happened down in NYC is that some useless ass pustule is undoubtedly going to impugn the efforts of the Meteorological community in the public specter, and that will set up society beautifully for when the 30" storm really occurs... 

What sucks about what happened down in NYC is that some useless ass pustule is undoubtedly going to impugn the efforts of the Meteorological community in the public specter, and that will set up society beautifully for when the 30" storm really occurs... 

John, yes. You are right. I live in the burbs of NYC and boy they are really ripping it in (the press).

01742 Concord, MA

took dog out at 6:45 with 14" down in sheltered area. Walk, shovel (Utah light stuff amazing)...45 minutes or so later...16" 

My snow stake which isn't clear had clear signs of drifting and was measuring 15-16" - started last nite at 5" from Saturday's storm.

local school weather station showing 14 degrees with gust of 28 and avg wind 7 NW

just back in from second shoveling, adding about 2" per hour, now at 20"

temperature has ticked up 1 degree and wind about same. snowing hard.

Archived