Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have a question for NOAA and the Boston Mets. You were fooled by the Blizzard of 2005 on Cape Cod, and fell into the same trap for this Blizzard. If the 540 thickness, 850mb temps, 700mb temps all support snowfall, don't put so much emphasis on the models surface temperatures! Calling for a straight changeover to rain as late as 11PM and  1 AM last night when ALL the short range models (RPM, HRRR, NAM, RGEM) showing temps not getting above 31 is just wrong.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Cape as a jackpot zone of 30+ inches.

CT totals east of river

Putnam 26 Twitter

Preston 26 Twitter

East Lyme 24 NWS

Waterford 23 NWS

Hampton 22.5 NWS

Scotland 22 Twitter

Marlborough 21.5 Twitter

Middletown 21 Twitter

Baltic 20.5 NWS

Killingly 20 Twitter

Niantic 20 Twitter

Colchester 20 NWS

Groton 20 NWS

Norwich 19.5 Twitter

Old Saybrook 19.5 Twitter

Haddam 19.5 NWS

Hebron 19 Twitter

Westbook 19 NWS

Staffordville 18.5 Facebook

Sterling 18 Email

Vernon 18 NWS

Mystic 18 NWS

Ashford 18 NWS

Manchester 17.5 NWS

God there is a little finger of snow in Merrimack Co while radar drying up to our immediate east and west.  Good snow growth, moderate snow here now and 7 inches or so.  Surprised to have more than you.

I think snowbow only had 4" an hour or two ago. When I measured the range was like 2-6" in non-drifted areas so I just took the average. There's drifts around the vicinity of the vehicles that are 10".

No. I measure on the deck. Staffordville was at 18.5 an hour ago. That's Jeff

Yeah, I know that.  I've actually met him.  He's probably adding what has fallen since he did his 6AM ob of 11.5".  We were in that good band for a while so 7" in 5.5 hours is plausible doing it that way.

Be careful measuring too closely to structures, particularly with the texture of the snow and the wind.  You can get contamination that way from snow blowing off the roof.  You should clear a path to the middle of your yard and take an average. 

UNREAL!!!! Just when I was about to jump off a cliff, a Bomb has started and is expanding DIRECTLY OVER CUMBERLAND!!

Ray get ready for it....

Et Ehm (Cough)

4" PER HOUR!!!!!!!! Only the 3rd Time I Have EVER Seen it!! 2/7/2003, and Blizzard of 2005. There was a squal a few January's ago that I missed that had it.

KEEP Exploding big band! 14" OTG, 16.5" Total.

Archived