SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those bands seem to be re-strengthening over central MA. Heavy snow again here in ORH. I think we have an outside chance at breaking our all-time record (33" - April 1, 1997).

It's gonna need to ramp up to 1" per hour and rot for a good 3-4 more hours I think...but it's got a chance anyway.

If chelsea and boston commons were at 20 and 18.2 respectively at 9 AM they have to be close to 24 right?

Left for skiing 10:30 in Cambridge, and by 11:45 the car had two new inches of snow on it. (No, I didn't drive, but got skis out of the car.) Nuking the whole time. Visibility 1/4 mi, less in gusts. Nice big flakes. City has given up on side streets for now.

It's gonna need to ramp up to 1" per hour and rot for a good 3-4 more hours I think...but it's got a chance anyway.

Very true. We're probably back to 1"/hour right now, may not get 3-4 hours out of it though. Should be able to nudge out Nemo's totals for #3 all-time at the least. Either way, it's been a blast over the last 12 hours!

Wow, Hurricane warnings

HURRICANE WARNINGS HAVE BEEN HOISTED FOR THE OUTER WATERS. WE HAVEBEEN RECEIVING REPORTS OF 55+ MPH WIND GUSTS IN SOUTHERN NH. THISSHOULD NOT BE HARD TO BELIEVE... DUE TO THE SNOWFALL RATES WE HAVEBEEN SEEING... PRECIPITATION LOADING WILL CONTRIBUTE HEAVILY TOMIXING THE VERY STRONG WINDS TO THE SURFACE. IN ADDITION WINDS INTHE 60S AND 70S HAVE BEEN VERIFIED TO OUR SOUTH.SHOULD GO WITHOUT SAYING...BUT TRAVEL IS ESSENTIALLY IMPOSSIBLEFOR MUCH OF MAINE AND NH AT THIS POINT.&&

just back in from second shoveling, adding about 2" per hour, now at 20"

temperature has ticked up 1 degree and wind about same. snowing hard.

3rd shovel session just ended. snow definitely slowed between 11am-12pm and glow of sun was seen behind clouds; however, heavy band just moved in and now snowing heavily and sun has disappeared. closing in on 22" but not there yet - really hoping to hit 2' mark.

Archived