joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't he do what he does at the office at home? 

The main reason, I believe is that if he were to lose power for any reason, then he would not be able to complete the things he has to do.   WSI is on generators, so if anything happens, they are good to go.

As I said a number of people are at the office today and stayed at the hotel next door.  WSI is 24x7, things need to keep moving.

At approximately 1230am I measured a gust of 81 mph.   Not entirely trusting my stuff although it's great....   neighbor also measured 83 mph.  His stuff is legit, and he's been measuring here for 16 years.  These would be the peak gusts measured here for as long as the homes have been here.   There is considerable damage, mostly minor, some broken windows, many ruined fences, sidewall and roof shingles all over the place.  

This exceeds all prior storms here for damage.  And I do believe it beat 05, and some spring rain gales for peak winds.

12". 8.4f. That is nearly the fluffiest snow I've ever shoveled

Wow.  Another random record for this storm.  My #1 and #2 are Both in January of 2014 oddly enough for fluffiest Snow I can remember.  Both around a Foot too. 

I've got like 18.5"-19" (Haven't checked in a half hour), Can I get 6" More??   :snowing:  :snowman:  :cory: 

At approximately 1230am I measured a gust of 81 mph.   Not entirely trusting my stuff although it's great....   neighbor also measured 83 mph.  His stuff is legit, and he's been measuring here for 16 years.  These would be the peak gusts measured here for as long as the homes have been here.   There is considerable damage, mostly minor, some broken windows, many ruined fences, sidewall and roof shingles all over the place.  

This exceeds all prior storms here for damage.  And I do believe it beat 05, and some spring rain gales for peak winds.

where are u?  

Clinch, you see any more thundersnow last night? Know there was one CG in your neighborhood.

Archived