joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ending out December with a Potential Pattern Change

CoastalWx

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I would call that a reversal, January 97 was a reversal that did nothing though

Jan 2013 definitely got colder on the coast, but it didn't produce much locally. What I mean is something can become more favorable, but the nuances that guide snowfall dictate how things produce.

Jan 2013 definitely got colder on the coast, but it didn't produce much locally. What I mean is something can become more favorable, but the nuances that guide snowfall dictate how things produce.

Yeah and snowfall is all anyone remembers at the end of the year, haha. In most minds, a more favorable pattern that doesn't produce maybe isn't all that favorable after all lol.

Yeah and snowfall is all anyone remembers at the end of the year, haha. In most minds, a more favorable pattern that doesn't produce maybe isn't all that favorable after all lol.

That's what I am trying to get across. Yes the pattern changes, but it's not an automatic to way above normal snowfall. Likewise a not so nice pattern can be awesome like Dec 2007 and 2008. That's how it goes.

The Grinch Storm has already claimed the morale of this forum and it isn't even January yet. It is a tough one to take I realize that and I would be melting down too if we didn't have the start we did up here.

The storm itself shouldn't be that much of a heartbreaker, it's hardly producing any snow anywhere, as a matter of fact we cancelled any extra work coverage for tomorrow since it became apparent not even any Midwest or Great Lakes stations were really getting any major snow.

The storm itself shouldn't be that much of a heartbreaker, it's hardly producing any snow anywhere, as a matter of fact we cancelled any extra work coverage for tomorrow since it became apparent not even any Midwest or Great Lakes stations were really getting any major snow.

Well I think its timing is the worst part and it is a blow to a great early start to the ski season, but that is true overall.

The early T-day storm probably gave unrealistic expectations which is usually the case anyway...but it just made them more unrealistic.

It doesn't mean we haven't had a crappy December so far for snowfall, but that it probably feels like we've wasted a lot more winter than we really have.

It's not claiming any morale for me. I've had worse seasons to date and there is a change coming. Timing stinks, but oh well.

yeah I don't understand why everyone is stressing out, I really don't see anything in the future cutter after Christmas and New years, after what happened in NY and what the holidays mean Family and happiness is important

yeah I don't understand why everyone is stressing out, I really don't see anything in the future cutter after Christmas and New years, after what happened in NY and what the holidays mean Family and happiness is important

Good post. I'm looking forward to going to our only Christian family members Christmas Eve party. She'll be the only non Jew three...lol.

I'm not upset about it either. The only ones with anything to lose is really far NNE. I'm ready to melt this patchy glacial ice and start anew. If we could get those 50s into S NH early enough maybe I'd even wear shorts to our Christmas eve party. ;)

Thaws happen every winter...sure the timing sucks but if it's not now it would come some other time. It's just amazing how often these Grinch storms happen. Last week of December is like a target for nature to piss on lol.

No complaints here, I've only seen the grass once or twice I think since mid-November, and for the most part it's looked like deep winter.

Just trying to enjoy the look for another couple days.

Looks like 0.9-1.0" or so. It's got a signal of SE upslope on the east side unfortunately...wouldn't surprise me if the west side had under 1/2" while this side is closer to an inch.

However 1" of rain is nothing compared to last January's cutters haha. That's actually probably standard winter thaw material, nothing exceptional by any means.

I'm not upset about it either. The only ones with anything to lose is really far NNE. I'm ready to melt this patchy glacial ice and start anew. If we could get those 50s into S NH early enough maybe I'd even wear shorts to our Christmas eve party. ;)

The ugly Christmas Speedo party.  A new tradition begins.

28.5/28, wintry.

Looking ahead, the -EPO tries to break down as a similar MJO wave that happened in late November to end that cold, may do the same again. So, increased PAC jet possible after the 5-10 or so. No sign of any real -NAO yet.

We'll have an interesting discussion tonight. My fears of a ratter are getting a little stronger. I'd still be on record of a decent winter but it's just starting to get that smell. I think we'll know by 1/10.

Archived