• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 6-7 Storm Discussion/Observations

Baroclinic Zone

A little over an inch here at the Pit.  Had some really nice aggregates for a while.  Going between good flakes and meh flakes now, but coming down hard regardless.  Heading off to bed--pretty sure I'll be awakened shortly with sleet off the windows.  In the meantime, it looks really purty out there.

28.4/27

Thanks for the report. Nothing but plain Jane rain here now at 33° F. The coating of snow and sleet from earlier is already washing away.  :raining:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow not bad. It may have been compacted down a bit by IP/ZR, but we'll go with what's out there.

2.6" new with 0.40" w.e.

So that's 1.7" / 0.28" after the midnight ob. Currently 29F with -ZR. Depth is up to a solid 6".

Congrats--you may have jackpotted.  :)

I'm going to record an inch, though I know it had to have been over since it still snowing when I went to bed.  Not sure when we changed over to sleet/freezing rain.  Still freezing drizzle now as I took the dog for a walk.  A little warmer than Wednesday's event down this way.  I'm sure I'll be straight rain soon enough. 

31.3/30

Congrats--you may have jackpotted. :)

I'm going to record an inch, though I know it had to have been over since it still snowing when I went to bed. Not sure when we changed over to sleet/freezing rain. Still freezing drizzle now as I took the dog for a walk. A little warmer than Wednesday's event down this way. I'm sure I'll be straight rain soon enough.

31.3/30

You must have had 2" + because it was close to 2" here before changeover at 11 pm. Now 1" of rain soaked slop otg.

32.5/32.

Edit: Actually only about .75" otg here. I was in Northampton late but picture wife sent me of car tops looked close to 2" before the rain but I'll certainly only be recording 1".

45 with fog and light rain in Saugus on my way north this morning. SR's reporting 4" from the first batch and HRRR suggests we stay all snow today, we'll see what happens but think another inch or two is a good bet. Will take a measurement at the cabin when I get there and report it(Here, not NWS since it's been sitting all day and won't be valid) tomorrow eve when I get home but will be compacted a fair amount.

Looking at snow reports, Loon is reporting 6" which seems to be the winner so far.

Is this second batch of heavy stuff in N/C  New Hampshire looking to stay snow for a while or a quick flip.

Family @ Attitash heading out reports 6 inches, but I wasn't sure if they should expect heavy icing around noon. Any idea when the flip occurs there, couldn't determine that from GRAY noaa disco.

Is this second batch of heavy stuff in N/C  New Hampshire looking to stay snow for a while or a quick flip.

Family @ Attitash heading out reports 6 inches, but I wasn't sure if they should expect heavy icing around noon. Any idea when the flip occurs there, couldn't determine that from GRAY noaa disco.

The Whites are gonna clean up today. They may flip, but I don't see heavy icing there.

Archived