joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 6-7 Storm Discussion/Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need a sig because I'm impressed you have that much. I'm thinking back to how the hell you have that much.

When I get home I'll send you the excel sheet.

I'm similar to JSpin, he usually has it in his sig.

Off the top of my head we had a bunch of less than 1" stuff, 3.5" in that last mixed event, 11" in that larger storm. We had a 1.7" mixed event, a 2.0" snow shower, 3.5" and 2.5" in those two lake effect bands when the summit got mauled...stuff like that. Another 1-2" today...it's true nickle and dime. Ginxy mentioned like number of events the other day and I've got like 12-14 individual measurable snows.

Off the top of my head we had a bunch of less than 1" stuff, 3.5" in that last mixed event, 11" in that larger storm. We had a 1.7" mixed event, a 2.0" snow shower, 3.5" and 2.5" in those two lake effect bands when the summit got mauled...stuff like that. Another 1-2" today...it's true nickle and dime.

Congrats. PF. Congrats.

Off the top of my head we had a bunch of less than 1" stuff, 3.5" in that last mixed event, 11" in that larger storm. We had a 1.7" mixed event, a 2.0" snow shower, 3.5" and 2.5" in those two lake effect bands when the summit got mauled...stuff like that. Another 1-2" today...it's true nickle and dime. Ginxy mentioned like number of events the other day and I've got like 12-14 individual measurable snows.

Yeah I believe you for sure, but I forgot those little events earlier. Good start for you guys.

I'm at 17.3" now. for the season..though its all wiped out except an inch or two in the woods.

Even ALB itself is at about a foot.

Obviously this event could blow us out of the ballpark it it doesn't trend further west and become a grinch.

Haha...JSpin is even with me and Klm is like an inch back. Both of them NVT posters. Sneaky snow totals on the New England table.

Yeah I believe you for sure, but I forgot those little events earlier. Good start for you guys.

It's the little stuff that adds up. And honestly most of it sneaks under the radar up here (no pun intended) with regards to the general population. Like the 3.5" type snows when there's no real "event" that folks on here are tracking. Say we have these obs threads for "events", but like half of our snow doesn't fall during these events, it falls when no one is paying attention and we just mention 2.1" overnight in a passing comment in the NNE thread.

I'm at 17.3" now. for the season..though its all wiped out except an inch or two in the woods.

Even ALB itself is at about a foot.

Obviously this event could blow us out of the ballpark it it doesn't trend further west and become a grinch.

Yeah it's been a good start for totals in the interior from Maine back through NH/VT/NY. Relative to normal to date, most of those areas are doing quite well in pure snowfall.

Up close to 3" new with temps sliding up thru the 20s.  Not much falling ATM - might be changeover time.  10-11" at the stake.  These multiple smaller events mess with snowblower-use choices.  A 3" storm is hardly worth burning the gas, but 2 or more and the driveway gets quite messy, so I'll crank it up when I'm done here. 

Up close to 3" new with temps sliding up thru the 20s. Not much falling ATM - might be changeover time. 10-11" at the stake. These multiple smaller events mess with snowblower-use choices. A 3" storm is hardly worth burning the gas, but 2 or more and the driveway gets quite messy, so I'll crank it up when I'm done here.

nice base boy you could get that pretty deep this week

Archived