joxey
2014-15 Capital Weather Gang Winter Outlook

Deck Pic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent outlook

thanks

Any particular reason for the "this is a low confidence forecast" or just the uncertainty that's always there when trying to forecast at long leads?

standard caveat language...it has been in all out outlooks, I believe

Looks great, Matt!  

Tiny editorial note that in your AO description figure, the caption has it written backwards.  

Thanks...I let Jason know

smacking down commenters at the Post is tiring

I haven't seen the comments yet but the article was very good. It seems like no matter how hard you work and try to produce something of value, there are going to be these misinformed critics. An open forum like a comments' section or amwx or Twitter makes it easy for them to spew their trash. Instead, they should have taken the time to learn more about what it is you guys do to adjust expectations.

Here's my only positive: if you are making a few people angry/critical, it means you are doing something right. ;)

I haven't seen the comments yet but the article was very good. It seems like no matter how hard you work and try to produce something of value, there are going to be these misinformed critics. An open forum like a comments' section or amwx or Twitter makes it easy for them to spew their trash. Instead, they should have taken the time to learn more about what it is you guys do to adjust expectations.

Here's my only positive: if you are making a few people angry/critical, it means you are doing something right. ;)

Most of the comments were pretty positive in nature, lots of excitement for snow from some. About 3 reminded Matt of last years forecast bust even though Matt mentioned it in the article and posted a link to his verification of past forecasts. One poster wanted more snow because the combo of a nino with a negative AO is a good snow pattern and wondered why Matt didn't go heavier than the 300% of normal snowfall we had last winter. Don't remember what the other comments were that matt had to answer besides on of the climo of getting back to back above normal snowfall.

Archived