joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St. Paddy's Day Storm Obs

nj2va

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just checked OPM website, and it says on-time for 17 March. Does that mean they made the decision, or does it just default to that once the clock strikes midnight?

Not sure.  But to be honest, I would not be surprised with either a 2-hour delay or optional telework/unscheduled leave policy.  I don't expect a closure, but you never know.

8" or bust. That's make this my second biggest storm this winter (I was in NYC for Jan 2-3, where they got 7.5" or so.)

Probably won't happen but this has been a turbocharged winter since mid-January, so why not?

I have a feeling winters not over yet. I think we have one more left in the tank.

12:30 obs:

7.4"

1.4" in the past hour.  I continue to be amazed tonight.  Super heavy snow moved on, but still snowing nicely.  This must really be some good ratio snow to be piling up this quickly.  This has already easily surpassed every storm of the year except for 2/13.  Just blew away any expectations I had for tonight.

12:30 obs:

7.4"

1.4" in the past hour.  I continue to be amazed tonight.  Super heavy snow moved on, but still snowing nicely.  This must really be some good ratio snow to be piling up this quickly.  This has already easily surpassed every storm of the year except for 2/13.  Just blew away any expectations I had for tonight.

My sentiments EXACTLY.

Not sure. But to be honest, I would not be surprised with either a 2-hour delay or optional telework/unscheduled leave policy. I don't expect a closure, but you never know.

I am starting to doubt a closure now due to there being much less snow on the streets than other surfaces, and maybe the earlier ending time. Seems most could be over before the commute?

Archived