• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St. Paddy's Day Storm Obs

nj2va

This is just about to jump ahead of the March 3 event...with Jan. 21 now in sight, to make #2 on my list this winter.  I think that's doable.  Now over 10" for the month of March, simply incredible and hands-down the most snow I've gotten in March since moving to the area in 2001.  I haven't seen snow like this in March since living in northeast Ohio.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting to doubt a closure now due to there being much less snow on the streets than other surfaces, and maybe the earlier ending time. Seems most could be over before the commute?

Based on what we know about how quickly snow will melt from paved surfaces when the daylight hits in late March, it would be almost irresponsible to taxpayers to close federal govt. tomorrow. Think 2 hour delay is more likely, unless DC gets up to 8 to 12 inches

automatically rolls over. expect a call around 4am. my money is on a delay

I just checked OPM website, and it says on-time for 17 March. Does that mean they made the decision, or does it just default to that once the clock strikes midnight?

Thanks a lot. Bookmarked.

Tried to talk a picture of heavy snow falling around my lamp post. A picture just doesn't do it justice. Heavy snow at night around a light is something that can only really be appreciated in person. Loving this.

That's tricky to do.  But try setting the exposure parameters for some point just outside the light area (where it's darker), to force a longer shutter (if you can keep steady or have a tripod, or have good image stabilization).  That sometimes helps, I've found.  Or, take the picture with a tree or some other object just shading the light so you can get a good shot of the snow streaking across.

That's tricky to do.  But try setting the exposure parameters for some point just outside the light area (where it's darker), to force a longer shutter (if you can keep steady or have a tripod, or have good image stabilization).  That sometimes helps, I've found.  Or, take the picture with a tree or some other object just shading the light so you can get a good shot of the snow streaking across.

Ill have to try this. Thanks for the tip.

Archived