wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
St. Paddy's Day Storm Obs

nj2va

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That might have been convective like with me. Snowing big and soft flakes, gets windy, snow becomes icy and winds did swirl, big clumps of snow on trees,etc flying around. Then calm again and back to snow with big soft flakes.

Definitely. My wind swung around to the SE and started roaring through the big trees as the band passed, now totally calm.

I think my conservative thoughts right now have a lot to do with being basically shocked I have 6.5 before 2am. Looks like another yellow blob has its sights on Rockville so maybe this is just one of those overperformers that won't let up.

Ratios are way higher than any of us thought. I'll be interested in liquid totals tomorrow. That has a good bit to dp with the higher than expected totals.

Appreciate the compliments. It's been a super fun year. It's nice to know that my weenie analysis is sound. I probably post more confidently than I feel most of the time

You are no weenie. You need a red met tag seriously. Your meteorological knowledge is sound. In addition, you meet the know, likeability and trust parameters. If you were to blog you could develop one kick 8ss audience in the winter weather niche.

I bet Wes will be surprised by the totals. He seemed to be downplaying it but for good reasons. I told people it wouldn't be a big deal. It's really not, just more then I expected.

No question he will be. As a whole CWG was pretty unanimous in the low totals, which makes it more surprising in the boom. I worried yesterday but honestly Jason and Wes have about as good a record as you can find around here forecasting snow.. and when you back it up with the rest of the team... heh, I dunno. Oops. Was definitely clear as it started we were in trouble.

No question he will be. As a whole CWG was pretty unanimous in the low totals, which makes it more surprising in the boom. I worried yesterday but honestly Jason and Wes have about as good a record as you can find around here forecasting snow.. and when you back it up with the rest of the team... heh, I dunno. Oops.

I think we were all right to be cautious given climatology, the fact its March, and that we dont do this type of snow very often around here.  We were semi-burned in 3/3 with the bad ratios and dry air and the beginning of that storm was rain/sleet.  MOS played a role too, as we thought that the models were too cold with the raw temps. 

Its understandable CWG went low.  Most times this year, they have been pretty good.  Everything just seemed to come together just right for us with this storm.  Maybe its a new leaf :lol:

Archived