wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
St. Paddy's Day Storm Obs

nj2va

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Def would appear that way... even if we dont get anything midday... this storm is a win on so many levels...

this storm and winter are total wins..I thought about crashing, but I am going to give it at least until 4....only a few months and we'll be checking 10am OBS to see if DCA is 88 yet....

I'm sitting here with all my house lights off and outside lights on. What a beautiful seen. It's snowing at a inch plus per hour. It looks like a thick fog has set in. I'm blown away by this storm. It just keeps pumping in the snow. I took some serious measurement about 20 minutes ago. I averaged 6.5". My saying goes. NEVER TRUST A SNOW HATER lol. You guys rock!

they are morally bankrupt and have black hearts....

we're closers....I think 8" for you is reachable....we're good at only a few things- - 95 degree days, wind, 80 degree mins - - and backbuilding, and finale bands are 2 of those things

Yeah, shouldn't be a huge difficulty given radar. Even 2-3" on the side road at this point.  Ratios were good as it falls but it's pretty wet considering. 

this storm and winter are total wins..I thought about crashing, but I am going to give it at least until 4....only a few months and we'll be checking 10am OBS to see if DCA is 88 yet....

True to the cause. I set a 2am limit but am all wired. Over 8" now and the second best storm of the season with mod snow coming down. A blessing and icing on such a fun year. And oddly enough we may get another track before 90's set in.

The last 5 weeks have been a true ma special period. We'll discuss this for years

Feel bad for the one plow truck in our neighborhood... he/she plows the roads and they are basically coated again 2/3 minutes afterwards at these rates... not really making much impact, other than clearing empty roads for 5/10 minutes and then they are snow covered again.

Many people here have just gotten more snow in a 10 hour mid march storm than they did the entire winter of 2011-2012. Mindblowing.

DCA will beat the last two winters combined in this storm.

True to the cause. I set a 2am limit but am all wired. Over 8" now and the second best storm of the season with mod snow coming down. A blessing and icing on such a fun year. And oddly enough we may get another track before 90's set in.

The last 5 weeks have been a true ma special period. We'll discuss this for years

exactly...I am trying to cherish it...because I know we may not see another winter like this for some time.....Before I retire in an hour or so, I am going to take one last 15 minute walk around the neighborhood and just soak it all in

Other area forecasts:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC238 AM EDT MON MAR 17 2014VAZ027>031-039-040-050-051-056-501-502-WVZ050-053-055-501-502-171445-/O.CON.KLWX.WS.W.0009.000000T0000Z-140317T1800Z/SHENANDOAH-FREDERICK VA-PAGE-WARREN-CLARKE-MADISON-RAPPAHANNOCK-ORANGE-CULPEPER-SPOTSYLVANIA-NORTHERN FAUQUIER-SOUTHERN FAUQUIER-HAMPSHIRE-JEFFERSON-HARDY-WESTERN GRANT-EASTERN GRANT-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WINCHESTER...FRONT ROYAL...WASHINGTON...CULPEPER...FREDERICKSBURG...WARRENTON...CHARLES TOWN...MOOREFIELD...BAYARD...MOUNT STORM...PETERSBURG238 AM EDT MON MAR 17 2014...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM EDT THISAFTERNOON...* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.* ACCUMULATIONS...5 TO 10 INCHES TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION.* TIMING...SNOW WILL BE MODERATE TO HEAVY AT TIMES OVERNIGHT.  SNOW WILL GRADUALLY TAPER OFF MONDAY DURING THE LATE MORNING AND  EARLY AFTERNOON.* TEMPERATURES...MID 20S OVERNIGHT. HIGHS MONDAY IN THE MIDDLE  AND UPPER 20S IN THE MOUNTAINS AND LOWER 30S ELSEWHERE.* WINDS...NORTHEAST 5 TO 10 MPH.* IMPACTS...ROADS WILL BE SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY THROUGH THE  NIGHT...LEADING TO DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS THROUGH THE  MORNING COMMUTE MONDAY.$$
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC238 AM EDT MON MAR 17 2014VAZ025-026-036>038-503-504-WVZ505-506-171445-/O.CON.KLWX.WS.W.0009.000000T0000Z-140317T1800Z/AUGUSTA-ROCKINGHAM-NELSON-ALBEMARLE-GREENE-WESTERN HIGHLAND-EASTERN HIGHLAND-WESTERN PENDLETON-EASTERN PENDLETON-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...STAUNTON...WAYNESBORO...HARRISONBURG...CHARLOTTESVILLE...HIGHTOWN...MONTEREY...CIRCLEVILLE...FRANKLIN238 AM EDT MON MAR 17 2014...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM EDT THISAFTERNOON...* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.* ACCUMULATIONS...6 TO 12 INCHES TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION...WITH  THE HIGHER AMOUNTS ALONG AND WEST OF THE BLUE RIDGE.* TIMING...SNOW WILL BE MODERATE TO HEAVY AT TIMES OVERNIGHT.  SNOW WILL GRADUALLY TAPER OFF MONDAY DURING THE LATE MORNING AND  EARLY AFTERNOON.* TEMPERATURES...LOWER TO MID 20S OVERNIGHT. HIGHS MONDAY IN THE  UPPER 20S AND LOWER 30S.* WINDS...NORTHEAST 5 TO 10 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH.* IMPACTS...ROADS WILL BE SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY...LEADING TO  DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS THROUGH THE MORNING COMMUTE MONDAY.

Archived