joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St. Paddy's Day Storm Obs

nj2va

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recall zwyts telling Phin about some short term models (HRRR I think?) showing the snow spreading a bit north after midnight and bringing a few good hours. I'm really impressed by how spot on they've been this year.

Maybe a chance for you. I'm at 5.7", so there's almost no chance I'm getting more than 10"..

I recall zwyts telling Phin about some short term models (HRRR I think?) showing the snow spreading a bit north after midnight and bringing a few good hours. I'm really impressed by how spot on they've been this year.

I remember seeing that. Matt knows his stuff that's for sure. I'm excited for the entire DC crew and Bob Chill. Great analysis all winter from them. Getting the goods tonight. We're just getting into ours now. We can pick up 3 inches next 3-5 hours imo to take totals around 3-5" for us. I'll take that any day in March

GFS did fairly well on the BL temps as well. As I recall it had DCA near freezing at 8 pm.

GFS locked in nicely the last 2 days or so

GGEM was too heavy consistently till the last day or two. Euro didn't have its best day for sure.

I remember seeing that. Matt knows his stuff that's for sure. I'm excited for the entire DC crew and Bob Chill. Great analysis all winter from them. Getting the goods tonight. We're just getting into ours now. We can pick up 3 inches next 3-5 hours imo to take totals around 3-5" for us. I'll take that any day in March

I'll gladly take that... the number of 3"+ events we've had this winter is off the charts. And it's nice to see the crazy gradient from earlier this season being evened out a bit with a few DC specials, so this becomes a very memorable winter for the whole region. I'm rooting for DCA to hit 30" for the season.

Archived